Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

I love this company it has taught me the skills necessary to be successful

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very structured willingness to help if you need it. This is a company where they dont fire you you fire yourself. The reason I say this is you can mess up and they still will coach you and develop you.I really miss this company ...I was laid off and not able to relocate...

Cons

None this was a good job

3515 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

It was good, until I went into management

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good money for someone just starting out in a sales role. Great benefits, money, and room for growth. Free work phone, cool contests.

Cons

RETAIL SUCKS! I was in retail for 6 years and I had every position from greeter to Store manager and I hated my last 2 years working there. Being a manager ruined my experience at Verizon Wireless. Too many fire drills, your always working...even when your off. They expect you to be available all the time. "Executive Visits" were a joke! Whenever there was a big executive in town you had to make sure you were ready to put on the show the visitors were expected to see, and if you were off you had to make sure you were there. So dumb...This company can take a whole different approach to how to run the retail side of things. They have unrealistic expectations for both management and sales reps. Scheduling is the worst! It was hard to keep good staffing because of unhappiness at work. Leading with intimidation wasn't leading. I could not be an effective leader with all the BS they had managers do. Its starts with the leadership. I worked in the northern CA area and I hear other areas are not like this. I miss it at times, but I do not think I can ever go back. I do not want to live a high stressed life...and Verizon is that. I am glad I am not in this environment anymore. Life is great...and Verizon retail is not going to take that from me and my family.

Micro management is not effective. You cant be a leader if they are not allowing you to lead. Not every store is going to be ran the same! Hello demographics vary.. smh

Fantastic Growth Opportunities and Awesome Culture

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What a happy work environment! Verizon Wireless takes excellent care of its employees. There are so many morale-building and fun activities that we engage in, both here in the center and out in the community. We live by our credo, which talks about integrity, teamwork, and being the best - not the biggest. I love that our representatives don't work off of a script and are encouraged to build a personal connection with each and every customer they speak to. I started just under 5 years ago and I've been able to progress multiple steps and gain knowledge and experience in multiple fields and departments, ultimately securing a Recruiter position, my dream since I began. It's possible to progress with hard work and proving your ability to make responsible decisions and grow through embracing feedback. We focus on metrics surrounding what our customers think about us, not just processing calls. This keeps us in check and proves that a positive attitude and a willingness to help can take you very far. Goals are realistic and are customer-centered. Overall, a wonderful place to work with fantastic benefits and a wonderful employee and customer base.

Cons

Representative schedules, early in a career, may be unfavorable, as schedule bidding is based on seniority.

Keep up the great work. Keep taking feedback from customers and employees to keep improving and busting bureaucracy.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless