Fantastic Growth Opportunities and Awesome Culture

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC
Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What a happy work environment! Verizon Wireless takes excellent care of its employees. There are so many morale-building and fun activities that we engage in, both here in the center and out in the community. We live by our credo, which talks about integrity, teamwork, and being the best - not the biggest. I love that our representatives don't work off of a script and are encouraged to build a personal connection with each and every customer they speak to. I started just under 5 years ago and I've been able to progress multiple steps and gain knowledge and experience in multiple fields and departments, ultimately securing a Recruiter position, my dream since I began. It's possible to progress with hard work and proving your ability to make responsible decisions and grow through embracing feedback. We focus on metrics surrounding what our customers think about us, not just processing calls. This keeps us in check and proves that a positive attitude and a willingness to help can take you very far. Goals are realistic and are customer-centered. Overall, a wonderful place to work with fantastic benefits and a wonderful employee and customer base.

Cons

Representative schedules, early in a career, may be unfavorable, as schedule bidding is based on seniority.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep taking feedback from customers and employees to keep improving and busting bureaucracy.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good benefits, but a very hard place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive for the area Good health and dental insurance 401k 50% off of Verizon bill

Cons

Only cares about the numbers and policy Does not care about customers or employees Management will make your life as stressful as they can in order to improve their stats The majority of supervisors try to make you stick it to the customer in order to improve stats.

Advice to Management

Reward employees for good genuinely caring about the customers and trying to do what is best for the company, not just for making sales and avoiding credits and disconnects. The first year I worked for Verizon I loved it and maintained an overall leading PA. Then Verizon as a company started to continuously chang the corporate policy in favor of the company and consistently made it harder and harder for both employees and customers. It got to the point where I felt like I could no longer be an advocate for the customer and there were very few advancement opportunities available.

2. Great benefits, horrible lower-level management

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits: healthcare, vision, dental, 401K, discounted cell phone plans, discount programs, tuition reimbursement

Cons

There was a lot of pressure from management to sell. If you meet/exceed your goals, they'll just keep saying you need to do better.