Great company to work for if you never settle for mediocrity!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Salem, OR
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salem, OR

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great pay, great people, great service. The management structure of stores is the most professional in the retail field. The tools given to us are phenomenal! I can stand behind my product and company and truly say I am behind Verizon wireless.

Cons

Lots of hours, asked for perfection, constantly bugged from management about performance. It is a very stressful job.

I am proud to work for an amazing company! I might suggest flattening the management tiers and possibly restructure locations and sales compensation to merge with the companies goals.

Other Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless is a premier employer

Current Employee - Coordinator  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

The advancement ability at VZW is all about where you want to go. There is a career path for nearly anything you would want to do. The career progression plan is well laid out and provides a solid knowledbe base for advancement. The company provides $8k annually for tuition program, 100% match on the first 6% we contribute to the fantastic 401k plan, we have backup care options, we have ample time off to manage for our needs. The employee phone program is a real plus, and what we pay for our health care premiums is awesome. We also have annual profit sharing, and an annual bonus we get based on our performance and the company performance. It can be up to 8% of my base pay for my position! There are so many positive things about this company and where I can go, it is hands down the best employer I have ever had. The performance based culture lets me define my future.

Cons

While I do have to work hard, come to work when I am scheduled, and stick to my lunch/break times when working at VZW, I do not think that those expectations are out of line.

Stay involved, understand the front line CSR's and what they do day to day. Communicate clearly and insure the message is always consistant among the teams.

Good company to work for, but 80% of credo are not followed by upper-management in sales department.

Current Employee - RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Verizon Wireless has good benefits

Cons

Its very hard to move up in the company

Sales should be focus but should not be pressure to the retail levels where management gets threaten to do things which can cost them on their carrier path. Specially for the entry level management individual s.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!