Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com

Java Developer

Former Employee - Java Developer  in  Warren, NJ
Former Employee - Java Developer in Warren, NJ

Pros

There are always job openings.

Cons

The most unprofessional management,no work ethics and work/life balance.

Other reviews for Verizon Wireless

Always hiring always firing. What a come up job!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Greensboro, NC

Pros

They have great medical benefits and pay. Get a chance to meet new people every day. You can work with some really fun people. 50% off Cell phone Bill. They will pay full tuition for education related to the company, but be confident you can stay employed long enough so you don't have to pay the money back of drop out. Training period is fun if you get the leave you city.

Cons

This company has terrible work life balance. You will work crazy schedules. You will work Saturdays and Sundays and you are supposed to get 1 weekend off a month (didn't find that out till last 3 months of working there). I worked on commission which when I first started our sales goals where obtainable for my location. Then, I was moved not by choice to another location with very low foot traffic. I lost my job because I did not get enough sales (missed it by a fraction of 1 phone sale); funny I got raise the same year because of my performance. I tired even harder to get sales, but when your location sucks you have to be a con-artist to hit the type of numbers they want. (This is the God Honest Truth) I have witness sales rep's scan and slip stuff into people bags, or talk really fast so people barley had a clue what is going on in the sale process. I have seen sales reps flat out lie to customers, or say I can't sell you this phone without all this other stuff case + screen protector marked 200%, insurance, a mobile internet, house phone and don't forget the Time Warner Cable Bundle.
    Your job description and requirement are re-written often and random annoying requirement get added in all the time that often take away time from your sales opportunities. Funny how they want you do other stuff, but there is only 1 thing that truly keeps you from being "promoted to customer as they say" in other words fired. SALES. Verizon Wireless changes their pay structure every other year for sales. It is interesting how to preforming representatives make 20-40% less than they did from 3, 7, and 10 years ago.
     I think the worst thing about this job was that you get about 6 paid sick days (rolling calendar year-which is BS your only your manager can explain), but here is the catch you will work for an average of 22-23 days per month, 9.75 hours a day or more, 5-6 days a week. If you have a terrible cold, flu, illness, wisdom teeth need to be pulled unexpectedly they will pay you. However, you will not adjust your quota which means if it is the 26th when you come back to work. You better sell like you job depends on it. It’s crazy because they make you responsible for sales/work when you not even at work, that you can only do at the store-sell. If on average you selling 4 phones/contracts a day and you miss 3 days of work in one month you are screwed buddy because you may have to sell like 96 contacts/phones a month and now you are down by like 12 lines, and it only takes you being short by 1 and you get a write up. This is a "great come up job" not one that you are likely to retire in as a sales rep anyway. My advised we be get that surgery you need while you are there, go back to school so they can pay for it, buy the house or car you need that the income provides on paper, and always have a plan B because being a Verizon Wireless sales representative offer little stability unless you are a sales magician, work in a rich neighborhood, are workaholic, single, or have kids with a stay at home parent.

Your are doing a terrific job grow and profitability be #1.

Very unsophisticated place to work for

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Decent benefits but nothing great for a company of its size.
    If you have a cushy job you can leave on time 99% of time. Good for working moms.

Cons

Un or under educated crowd. Some managers are uneducated even at the director. Unsophistication shows everywhere. Not much respect for employees regardless of their tenure.

Start paying a good salary so you can attract sophisticated management from other companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!