There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Good place to start your career

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Verizon Wireless as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

nice work environment and flexible work hours. Management decissions are very transparent and passed though appropriate channels. Has a fitness center in downstairs and good gym. Very friendly colleagues.

Cons

Depends on the team you work in. Some teams are managed properly and other teams are a disaster. It will be difficult to strike a work life balance in certain teams.

2935 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Simply Amazing

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have exciting career opportunities within our company. I am a recruiter that came from Customer Service. I have always been excited about progession within Verizon Wireless. Leadership teams work directly with employees that want to progress in their career. There are great people that we work with and also work for - Our Customers. They drive the business that we have and they make it possible for us to be Number 1 in JD Power every time! We pride ourselves on working hard and playing harder! The culture of Verizon Wireless is great as well. We are a team of MVPs who Care about internal and external people whether they are with our business or not. We are community supporters lending a helping hand wherever we can to create partnerships that last a lifetime. Integrity is at our core - we know that doing the right thing the first time for customers is essential to create honest business.

Cons

The cons that we have in our building I would say is Time Management. A lot of the employees have circumstances that require attention during the workweek and if time is not managed effectively then towards the end of the year the person may have run out of their time off that they can take. What Verizon Wireless has done is created different programs to be able the have the business "Count On" the employee to be at work at their designated time. If they cannot make it they simply contact their Supervisor to schedule a time to make up during the week or provide them with options to take the day off. Its really a supportive positive place to be at!

My advice to management would be for all of them to continue to recognize that everyone has different things to bring to the table and support ideas from employees to better assist our customers. We do a great job with this by encouraging employees to submit ideas that they have through a portal.

Disapointing

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - District Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Upwards mobility, vzw promotes from within. Values it's sales people. I worked up from a sales rep to district manager in 8 years. I'm at my tenth year now and am looking at leaving.

Cons

Upper management does not support thier people. Abusive management at upper level. Hr and upper leadership are in collusion at times.

Value your leaders and intercede more often on their behalf.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!