I loved my clients, but could have done without all the retail ways of business thinking.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Incredible compensation and benefits for a retail environment.

Cons

It's a retail environment, which means a lot of NO common sense managing.

Don't think being in management means you're a true leader.

Other Reviews for Verizon Wireless

A great company to work for and will reward you, IF you contribute hard work.

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Performance based culture scares lazy people looking to just walk in and collect a check, this is probably the cause of a lot of the negative reviews here. If you work hard, they will pay and benefit you very well. Culture is great, always fun activities and corporate "rah-rah" events. Bonuses. Benefits are fantastic, including the healthplan. Employees are treated very well.

Cons

Politics and corporate bureaucracy are hard to avoid. If you can't perform you won't last. Change can sometimes happen too quickly and with a workforce that large, it takes time for everyone to adapt and the information to fully dissipate. Job is stressful for those in front-line positions (sales and customer service/tech support) but this is true for most jobs dealing with the public.

Stick to the credo and fight to remain "small" don't turn into AT&T.

Simply Amazing

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have exciting career opportunities within our company. I am a recruiter that came from Customer Service. I have always been excited about progession within Verizon Wireless. Leadership teams work directly with employees that want to progress in their career. There are great people that we work with and also work for - Our Customers. They drive the business that we have and they make it possible for us to be Number 1 in JD Power every time! We pride ourselves on working hard and playing harder! The culture of Verizon Wireless is great as well. We are a team of MVPs who Care about internal and external people whether they are with our business or not. We are community supporters lending a helping hand wherever we can to create partnerships that last a lifetime. Integrity is at our core - we know that doing the right thing the first time for customers is essential to create honest business.

Cons

The cons that we have in our building I would say is Time Management. A lot of the employees have circumstances that require attention during the workweek and if time is not managed effectively then towards the end of the year the person may have run out of their time off that they can take. What Verizon Wireless has done is created different programs to be able the have the business "Count On" the employee to be at work at their designated time. If they cannot make it they simply contact their Supervisor to schedule a time to make up during the week or provide them with options to take the day off. Its really a supportive positive place to be at!

My advice to management would be for all of them to continue to recognize that everyone has different things to bring to the table and support ideas from employees to better assist our customers. We do a great job with this by encouraging employees to submit ideas that they have through a portal.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!