Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
  www.verizonwireless.com
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Great pay and benefits but not much opportunity for promotions

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, great benefits (401k 6% match, 7 days vacation, sick and personal time on top of that, tuition assistance, health benefits are great too)

Cons

Working in retail store of course comes with customer service, the varying shifts, working overtime and weekends. Also recent changes in performance reviews makes the job more difficult because it really depends on what manager you happen to have at the time. Almost no option to move up in the company.

More consistency in the communication between the chain of command

3140 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Verizon Wireless is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Columbia, MD

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, the training process is fantastic, and the people who work there are the best there are in the field. Almost everyone I met had a great attitude, but there was one common thread of everyone. That thread was dedication. I appreciated my time at Verizon Wireless very much.

Cons

A whole ton of metrics that you are graded on, instead of just focusing on several items you have a whole slew of metrics that you have to do good on. Store management never really seemed to be happy, always complaining after a big sale why certain metrics were not reached. Very high stress in the retail side, even managers complained about the pressures of success.

Management did a great job at keeping everyone motivated. If you have the will to succeed, Verizon Wireless will launch you to new heights and Verizon does not cut costs on developing it's future leaders. I was amazed at how much importance that was placed on the employees, truly a fantastic place to work.

If you have a drive in sales and wish to make very good money you should take this job, you will not regret it.

I would definitely go back if there was one where I am

Former Employee - Customer Relations Team Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Team Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Benefits were the best

Cons

The only downside is the company politics

Keep up the great work!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless