Changing Company, No Leadership, Lack of Direction

Current Employee - Major Account Manager
Current Employee - Major Account Manager

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benifits. nice salary. Have dedicated employees who love their jobs and are dedicated to what they do everyday to offer excellent customer service. Verizon has a great network as well.

Cons

The leadership is not firm. Verizon does not advance people of diverse backgroud in regards to gender and race. Also it does not operate from a corporate structure, it allows the regions to operate seperately which can be a good or bad thing.

At this point Verizon has a goal, but no vision. It is pulling its sales reps in 100 different areas with no direction. It is expection us to grow the business at 30-40% to keep up with stock holders which is not otainable. The goals are not based around the customer any more but the money. It has changed a lot since I was hired and not in a positive way!

Actually listen to your employees without punishing them for their feedback and stop putting out these HR feedback forms only wanting to hear positive feedback and ask for the truth for once.

Advance women and minorities in ALL area's not just the northeast and actually have HR protect the employee and not just the company and management.

Set goals that are obtainable for true growth and not stock holders.

Allow relationships with employees and customers to mean something. What we do every day is more than what can be seen than on a spreadsheet, manage your company from corporate not the regional level.

I wish you could do the show "Undercover Boss" so you would know how your employees "really" feel.

Other Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Really depends.........

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty good pay with overtime paid and commissions, even though commissions are taxed pretty high . Half off cell phone bill. Vacation and sick days from day one. Coworkers made the place more enjoyable.

Cons

Hours can suck if you're not used to working weekends, especially as weekends are the busiest in retail. Customers can be horrible. Couldn't tell you how many names I was called or belittled by pieces of trash. Extremely micromanaged, management watches you like a hawk.

Store managers do what they have to do to hit their numbers, so I won't really knock on them to not micromanage so much. Upper level management should be more involved in the day to day operations of retail stores and then they may understand how hard the store managers work.

Great benefits ... unrealistic expectations and poor management

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Poor response to underlying issues reported by technical support and business channels. Goals are difficult to acheive with integrity and honesty.

Shift focus from quantity to quality in all aspects.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!