There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Room for advancement but be ready for micromanagement

Former Employee - Supervisor of Technical Support  in  Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Supervisor of Technical Support in Charleston, SC

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and pay, by far the best brand in the market.

Cons

Any and every stat is tracked in the call center environment. It begins to feel like you are always doing something wrong. This doesn't change even up into management. As a supervisor you get treated the same but now it's from someone higher up the food chain.

Company has really lost their customer focus. It used to be about credo and culture, now it's all about the bottom line.

Stop looking at numbers all the time. Go back to being centered on your customers and doing right by them. The bottom line will grow.

2889 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

"Change Engergizes Us" or does it just cause us to find a new way to try to make the same money

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros for this company were small, the amount of vacation time and how fast is accrued, the fact that there was separate sick pay, other health benefits and etc. And the career opportunities were endless if you were willing to drink down whatever it was they told you with no questions.

Cons

They claim that training is their strong point, but they spend far too much time trying to teach you how to get the most amount of money out of a customer without sounding like you are trying to do that instead of teaching you how to trouble shoot, or use the system when this is actually 90% of your job. They continue to change the markers for commission and for performance and there is no time in between to adjust your selling technique. These markers affect the way that you make money at the company and they changed about once every two month in the two years that I worked there, this was the only thing that was consistent. Managers are promoted without the necessary employee management skills, and there is no accountability of the management staff, they just point the finger lower at those that are customer facing and on the front line. The customer is always the one believed, their employees are never given the benefit of the doubt. And you are expected to take a large amount of verbal abuse from customer's while continuing to apologize to them.

Be consistent, and provide actual training to your employees before throwing them on the floor to be eaten alive by angry customer's because they do not know the secret to fixing the devices they are supposed to be experts at. And make numbers more consistent and if there is going to be a change, you need to have a ramp up time, before holding employees accountable to new measures.

A good learning experience with great benefits, but very stressful and life drowning career

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paid very well compared to the other companies in the industry. In the beginning at least commissioned incentives were fruitful, benefits were fantastic

Cons

After the recession hit, commission goals and general message from higher ups was doom and gloom, on top of that headcount for the zone got cut substantially. Work life balance is non existent as a retail sales manager, just the nature of the beast. Since overtime was locked and headcount cut, created a negative impact in the stores as far as having the manpower I left for personal reasons; my boss at the time was doing some things to get me demoted without actually addressing any performance issues to me when I asked for feedback, so I decided to leave instead...this is not of course indicative of the company as a whole, my situation at that time.under that supervisor was just bad.

Possibly make some changes in how HR partners with field employees and retail management

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!