There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Amazing company, great benefits, lots of overtime and relatively stressful

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great with excellent 401K matching. Good pay. Short and long term incentives. Work with a good small team of similarly minded individuals. I really enjoy working with customers and some can really be great. I get to be on the cutting edge of the cellular industry and learn about all these cool new things. The ability for horizontal and vertical movement is definitely present and encouraged. This company is great at trying to find a good position for you before having to let you go.

Cons

I'm lucky if I work as little as 45 hours a week and its usually hovering around the 50 hours a week mark. There are constantly meetings and trainings to attend, though I understand why with technology evolving as it does. Nearly everything is always changing: phones, prices, services, procedures, performance metrics. There is never a stable ground. Customers can make or break your mood. Sometimes its impossible to please everyone, customers can get quite angry and mean.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great to work for benefits are great..Very demanding have to be able to adapt to change

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits make good money..Pay for school..

Cons

Changing all the time... Working on the weekends suck especially if you have a family

Why did you change the company????

Former Employee - Business and Government Customer Operations Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The hours of operation are great even though there is no true night shift and especially when employees don't have to stress over working on holidays.

Cons

There are too many people who are power hungry and willing to stab others in the back just to make a name for themself or get into a better position.

Advice to Management

The good ole boy network, nepotism and race have no place in this company. Listen to your employees and use those who put tuition assistance to work and try to better themselves to help better the company.