There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Great pay, great benefits but life consuming

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, benefits and discounts are awesome also unlimited OT for those who want to make even more.

Cons

You basically live at the store, between meetings and closing the store you typically work 48-55 hours a week.

reviews filtered by
  1. Awesome company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wallingford, CT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wallingford, CT

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome pay, awesome benefits, wonderful atmosphere... Supervisors (at least mine) always willing to listen if something is troubling you on the job.

Cons

Despite the pros, the cons can get to you hard; This job can be more than your usual mental and emotional stress. The customers are at times a little more hostile than your usual customers, your monitored for every little thing you do or say, and have to balance that in order to keep all your personal ratings up. So for example, on one hand you have to be mindful how long you're on the phone yet you're suppose to attain first call resolution which mean you cannot let them off the phone unless EVERYTHING is answered, whether they needed it answered or not. If they call back within a 2 hours or 2 days, then it counts against you every time they do it; you and every representative after that in fact. Some situations, more often than not, make that hard to do.

Keep up your phenomenal support of your employees; they need it.

2. Amazing company, great benefits, lots of overtime and relatively stressful

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great with excellent 401K matching. Good pay. Short and long term incentives. Work with a good small team of similarly minded individuals. I really enjoy working with customers and some can really be great. I get to be on the cutting edge of the cellular industry and learn about all these cool new things. The ability for horizontal and vertical movement is definitely present and encouraged. This company is great at trying to find a good position for you before having to let you go.

Cons

I'm lucky if I work as little as 45 hours a week and its usually hovering around the 50 hours a week mark. There are constantly meetings and trainings to attend, though I understand why with technology evolving as it does. Nearly everything is always changing: phones, prices, services, procedures, performance metrics. There is never a stable ground. Customers can make or break your mood. Sometimes its impossible to please everyone, customers can get quite angry and mean.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless