Inside sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Speak in person to customers

Cons

Alot of customer service and bill pays. Would like just sales.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Leadership Development Program a Scam

Former Employee - RLDP Program in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - RLDP Program in Denver, CO

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're not motivated to advance your career and actually get somewhere in your life, this is a great place to fit in.

Cons

The leadership development program is a scam to get smart energetic college graduates into their retail stores where they will be treated no differently than someone who got his GED and smokes weed in the parking lot during his break. There is no opportunity for growth, no leadership training, terrible compensation compared to amount of work put in, and it is an embarrassment on my resume. This position completely wasted my time, and has negatively affected my life. The job that one has right after college sets the tone for what jobs you will be qualified for for the rest of your life, and it will be a struggle for me to get my life back on track.

Advice to Management

Management in the stores is a joke. They have no real leadership skills, and probably got their jobs by being a top sales person in a store, which indicates lack of any morals. The company rewards liars and cheaters, and this is who they place into "management." My advise to upper management? Reverse this cycle. Don't reward people who are likely going to be sued for lying and cheating. Come on...

2. There is no other company that can match the earning potential and benefits with a 2 year degree.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is amazing, benefits are second to none, and potential to move up from within the company are unmatched.

Cons

Long working hours, inconsistant schedules, and constant changes to pay structure.

Advice to Management

I truely believe that verizon is the best american company to work for. The only complaint I would have is that base pay is based on time on the job and not performance. I produce much much higher numbers than most of my coworkers and yet they make several dollars an hour more than I. I think that your pay should reflect your performance more than how long you have been with the company.