Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com

Great career can be had at VZW with hard work and good networking.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsSalary and short term incentives are some of the best in the industry. Benefits are good. Work hours may or may not be demanding depending on the job and project. They encourage a diverse work force. They also encourage working in various job roles to gain a breath of experiences. It can be rather easy to move around on the wireless side of the company but in telecom side it takes a lot more work. As management has changed over the years, it is becoming easier to move between jobs and company units. There is a lot of autonomy in my work group.

ConsUpper management doesnt spend enough time with the working levels. The leadership is weak in that sense. It makes the working teams not feel like their management understands or acknowledges their good work or their challenges. Most people are not sure how to advance in the company or what it takes to move beyond management. Some organizations are more focused on the results than the people. Not all cross functional teams are transparent making some work difficult to complete in a reasonable time. A lot of processes lead to long lead times to deliver a product or service.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time with the working level teams. Develop more networking opportunities for eager employees regardless of age or tenure.

I was very involved with sales of phones and contracts and did pretty well.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless part-time for less than a year

Pros: Commision, Nice atmosphere, exciting sales interaction, diverse workers. Good deals… Cons: Strict about sales per person. I f not met you're… Advice to Senior Management: Be lenient with workers who are sick and not punish… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall a great experience over last few years it seemed they were looking for ways to remove tenured older workers.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Compensation was excellent and benefits were outstanding. The jobs were challenging and rewarding… Cons: Lack of recognition for job well done. Good old boy network prevalent in area management and promotion opportunities. Lack… Advice to Senior Management: Look more closely at some of you area leadership and have more skip level and listen to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Verizon Wireless.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!