Verizon Wireless

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

rsr

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

nothing is great about this place

Cons

everything you lose relationships and you spend less time with family

they don't care about their employees

3396 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - RSR in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - RSR in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you work hard you can easily make 50k in one year

Cons

I have never seen so much shadiness from management at one company. If the store has low accessory numbers that day they will do anything, including lie to customers, so they can pull up those numbers and not get chewed out by the district manager. I worked in Seattle where Amazon is headquartered and almost everyone knew they could get accessories 50% cheaper on Amazon so no one bought any from us. I have seen my managers get in screaming matches with customers and employees. You can no longer ethically hit quota, you have to do something shady. Oh and good thing the benefits are so great, because all of my managers got terribly sick and had to use them - one went on depression meds for being screamed at by my DM too much, my other manager would get so stressed she kept fainting on the clock. Be prepared to work up to 14 days in a row too. We took a big pay cut in February when they "restructured commission." If you don't kiss your store manager's butt, you have no job security. No time at all to take classes outside of work, so much for that benefit

do not pick on certain reps for being "unethical" when you know very well everyone has to tweak the way they work to get a paycheck these days

Not what it's cracked up to be.

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good, bonuses are great, discount is great. Onsite fitness center with coaches is great, office equipment is up to date. Reps are all around awesome people, family-like camaraderie with them. Getting to see up and coming products before they release to the general public is always fun. Great benefits---insurance and 401k cannot be matched by anybody else. Tuition assistance is great, on-site campus with a college as well. Lots of opportunity to win devices and cash prizes, "fun days" are often, and gifts/lunches are provided often to reps. Relaxed dress code. Masseuse is in the building once a month, personal trainers, full service cafe on site as well. Referral bonuses are available as well.

Cons

Management is corrupt. Backstabbing management finds ways to write employees up to time it perfectly with raises and bonuses, so reps don't get raises, and their bonuses get reduced by a couple thousand dollars. Not allowed to go to the bathroom unless it is a scheduled lunch or break, and sometimes it is three hours before your first break. They will threaten you with a write up for going to the rest room. VZW does not value their employees. Reps are treated as easily replaced, constantly reminded that someone else will do your job for less money. Customers treat you like you are less than human, and you are expected to allow them to demean you, call you names, personally attack you, and threaten you...all with a smile. Supervisors are never anywhere to be found, and are not willing to assist you when you have difficult customer situations, but won't hold back on writing you up when they 'inspect' your calls to find a call where you obviously needed supervisor help, and didn't get it.

Management leads by fear. They are constantly making threats and reminding you how replaceable you are. Supervisors undermine eachother, and this causes a lot of tension on the floor. Reps are miserable because they have no recourse for the verbal and mental abuse they take from customers, and have no real support from their supervisors, associate directors, or HR. Many employees are in therapy as well as on numerous anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications because of the working environment.

Clean house with supervisors. Many of them have lied and cheated to get to their positions, and are abusing their power. Recognized tenured employees, instead of encouraging them to leave. Remove the culture of "leading by fear". Bad managers are causing depressed employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless