There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Great to work in technology. High expectations but rewards to match.

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Wichita, KS
Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Be around the latest in Wireless technology.
Customers generally view you as one of the best Wireless companies.
Fair commissions.
See what flexible schedule.
Great benefits overall.

Cons

Salary could be better.
Limited ability to work with your accounts, heavy reliance on other departments to get your job done.

Advice to Management

Look at other ways to motivate sales.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company to work for - they value their employees

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries and great benefits. Opportunity for growth. Good leadership. Tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

Offices are always in suburban areas - typically 40+ minutes outside of the nearest large city. Only a con for people who prefer city living.

2. The best opportunity to be given to individuals who are passionate about the wireless technology industry.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are the best, pay is outstanding, training is hands down the best in the industry... Overall it was a great experience...

Cons

This company has little cons but you have to be able to see them from a different point of view...

Although i do have to say yes there is the corporate politics involved, the never ending change in goals and metrics, and the lack of management capabilities within certain districts.

Advice to Management

There is a huge difference in the culture between those working at Corporate centers such as the one in Irvine, CA and those who work in the retail environments. Those of us who get to experience taking a visit to those corporate centers notice how the culture is so uplifting and the sense of pride is high that you are working for Verizon. But then those of us who work in the retail locations see it differently... the cultures in the retail stores are the complete opposite. I have seen many and I mean many of hard working talented and Verizon blood in their veins reps leave because of management in retail locations. Now I was in the Las Vegas district and i can tell you theres a reason for this districts failure at reaching number one... LEADERSHIP! Ive been in other districts from the pacific northwest all the way to southern california and the difference in this enlaces and here, you can clearly notice why tho district struggles...

New hire training also has become so much of this connect and recommend type of thing that still reps who leave new hire training are still not trained well enough in the system and also on how they get paid. I believe you should have top selling reps who have been to Presidents Cabinet and Winners Circle to be the new hire trainers because of their success in sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless