There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Great starting opportunity someone planning a career in sales

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Albany, GA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Albany, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits package that exceeded expectations. Decent training before and during career.

Cons

Management seems very disfunctional and has unrealistic goals. Commission structure doesn't always benefit the reps

Needs to understand that the majority of the market base is not going to match their perfect customer, and thus, need to create goals and standards to match.

2901 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Great company, great culture encourage career growth

Current Employee - Tech Support  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, education encouraged, room for growth

Cons

Competitive atmosphere makes job over bearing at times

Great Money and Benefits, but Verizon is changing that!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, Benefits, some of the people

Cons

You live in a grey world at Verizon. There is no black and white. You find yourself questioning your integrity. Verizon has in recent years been pushing sales people to the point of termination if they don't push products and services people may not need. If you are a great salesperson who blows out your quota, sells tons of accessories and high ARPU devices, and you lack integrity, you will go far at Verizon. If you have a conscience, you will have a hard time. Verizon was a great place to work and make a decent living. That is changing fast. They make commission structure intentionally confusing. Everything from 401(k), health benefits, and general benefits are being scaled back all the time. If you want somewhere to make some fast money, Verizon is the place for you. If you are building a long term, meaningful career, good luck unless you drink their kool aid and push hard for getting people to buy tons of accessories with every phone you sell, get them to buy Mobile Broadband devices and Tablets, and get them on Verizon Edge program. I have seen some of the shadiest sales people who get away with anything, but you have to be a top performer. Woe is you if you are shady and still don't meet quota. Your days will be numbered.

I will forever be grateful for the time spent and money made at Verizon. It catapulted me into the middle class and changed my lifestyle forever. For that, I will always be grateful. I only wished Verizon would not go the way of every other company I am aware of. Prior to working at Verizon, I did not agree with a lot of what unions do. I always thought they did more harm than good. Now I see why unions are important and have a rightful place in society. Some areas of the country are unionized. I live in Tennessee where this is not an option. Companies left to themselves will eventually do exactly what Verizon is. Subtle decreases in pay and benefits that add up to big decreases in your pay overtime.

Also, in the end Verizon could care less if you get fired or leave unless you are a very high selling performer. There are tons of people out of work looking to make $30-80k and Verizon will have no problem replacing you.

I have always said that if I ever worked for a company and they were doing poorly, I would not mind a pay cut to help the company get ahead. With Verizon, this past year was their most profitable in the company's history. How does Verizon thank us? Decrease in commission payouts, scale back on benefits, and tougher expectations and quotas.

Verizon will not change because they don't have to. In an economy that is sluggish, companies can use this to their advantage and they will! You can speak your mind at Verizon, but it will go in one ear and right out the other.

Many store managers and assistant managers are new to management and may have Verizon knowledge, but not leadership skills. Leadership is tricky and it takes hard work. Just because someone is a good salesman/woman, that doesn't mean they will be good managers. Managers should do everything they can to ensure that one of their sales staff does not get on the Performance Improvement Program (PIP). If you ever get "PIPed," you usually don't know until it happens with no warning. To put this in perspective, 3 "PIP's" are your gone.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!