Verizon Wireless
3.3 of 5 2,624 reviews
www.verizonwireless.com Basking Ridge, NJ 5000+ Employees

Got worse over time

Business Account Executive (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

ProsVerizon has a very strong sales culture and long history of performance excellence. You will not have trouble competing in the marketplace with the quality of service they provide. The tools I was provided were also top notch.

ConsI worked at Verizon for 7 years and every year the compensation plans were changed but never for the better. They had a 300% cap on target commission, which capped earning potential.

Also, like many large corporations, there is a major disconnect from the front line sales associates and middle/upper management. In my particular market, they simply wanted "yes men" and discouraged voicing market trends/concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementCapping commission at 300% creates a culture of "sand bagging" and limits the potential productivity of your sales associates. Why would you ever want a rep to stop selling because they reached their monthly max??

My experience working for Verizon Wireless (in NJ) was thrilling and very fulfilling.

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Training, Career Advancement Opportunities in NJ. Cons: The cons involve a degree of separation and segmentation from HQ when you come to work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Anything but credibility in Georgia

Account Representative (Former Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent benefits from Day 1 Cons: Call center without any real career growth or career mapping into other areas of the business. You really have… Advice to Senior Management: A company wide focus on Management growth and development is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Verizon Wireless.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon Wireless CEO Daniel Mead. All reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees.