Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
  www.verizonwireless.com
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Overall, a solid company that knows how to play the game and march their way to the top (So it seems)

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in DFW, TX
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in DFW, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

At the time I started the pay was great compared to the typical retail job for a person with no degree and limited sales background. The training was great.

Cons

Work/Life balance sucks! Not for the family man/woman so don't even think about signing on as the coach of your kid's tball team.

Top management and executives are too far out of touch with employees (Front line). They have no sense of REALITY when determining quotas and pay. They should experience 'Undercover Boss' intervention. Paying your sales reps, allowing them to spend time with family and wining and dining your employees is what made you the company you are today. When you stray away from that you lose valuable teammates who are motivated by the main reasons people work for someone.

3224 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Keeping it real - we are not baseball players and we don't need the MoneyBall ideas.

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Business is going quickly so lots of hiring.

Cons

Keeping up on the ScoreCard - three times and your fired. Extrodinary levels of micromanagement.

If you really care about the Customer's Experience back off on the intensity around the ScoreCard at the retail stores. I'm a store manager and have done very well and have been very successful within Verizon Wireless and I love my job. That being said I must point out that the intensity and pressure put on all employees to perform on a Moneyball like ScoreCard does not make for the best customer experience. I'm all for accountablity and focusing on the bottom line and all that good stuff. But the constant badgering of all employees to pressure customers into buying loads of plastic screen protectors and things they say no to several times before we finally let them leave the store is a little over the top. And firing people for being below the 85% perfomance mark three time in 6 months is a little harsh, come on we aren't being paid millions of dollars like a baseball player. If you truly want the customer to have a possitive experience you need to let the employees interacting with the customer's do there job without the intence pressure of shaking every customer down for every penny they have in their pocket. Simply answering all of the customers questions and making their devices work is enough - the sales will happen when the customer is comfortable and satisfied. Pack your Moneyall ideas up and leave your "Bill James" ideas on the baseball field and let your customer purchase what they want, in peace!

Telecommunications

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Health and Welfare Benefits and Continual Education Benefits

Cons

Work Life Balance, Management Heavy

Cultural shift over the last 5 years has been difficult.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless