Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

For those who don't mind retail and a constantly changing commission structure, it's not bad

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Peoria, AZ
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Peoria, AZ

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best things Verizon offers its employees are a good benefits package and competitive pay structure. If you get a good store and good managers, you can have a pretty good time.

Cons

Retail hours. Constantly changing pay structure. Inundation of corporate talk and micromanagement, often coming directly from the top. Some places offer next to no career advancement.

Micromanagement abounds.

3521 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Quota Too High

Current Employee - Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Consultant in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Consultant in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company offers an amazing discount on services. The benefit package offered was really nice too. I will miss those two things only.

Cons

Sales quotas were too high and the amount you could make for commission kept getting lower and lower. This created a lot of hostility between employees that were trying to maintain their standard of living.

Learn to coach your employees in a style that suits them instead of taking a cookie-cutter approach.

Abrupt Ending

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best reasons were the people I worked with, it was like a family. The name recognition was great too. Half off discount. Working in the community. 401 k, vacation.

Cons

I never saw a company change so much as I did with the 10 years I was with a company, a change more for the negative at that. Too much to do for the money being paid. We went from just being a customer service or sales person or technician. To all three and kept the same pay. Too much stress on people. Job security being dangled in your face. Too many "indirect agents" it was shooting the actual people who were faithful in the foot. Was part of one their not so swift ideas of opening kiosks inside retailers i.e. Circuit City, PC Richards and BJ's. When they decided to pull the plug, we were called into a group meeting with HR, given red folders, we had one month to make a decision-we were given three options to "reapply" with verizon wireless, apply for the retailer taking over, or take a severance package. People ask why I didn't take the reapplication to the company. When you try and you see only two positions available not even in your area. Around 20 people being laid off, chances were slim. The other retailer wasn't even coming close to what I was making. Thanks, but no thanks. So yeah, that was my abrupt ending with Verizon Wireless.

Listen to your employees. Help them out. Stop being lazy, get off your phone. Have a little compassion.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless