Proceed with Caution

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insurance benefits from Day One. Good phone program, especially if you pay for more than one line.

Cons

It is difficult to establish a customer base in the time you are given. The quotas constantly change, sometimes in mid-month. Management tends to favor tenured reps( the bread and butter).
I suspected I was not walking into a good situation during my 3 week training class. The trainees would be asked to introduce themselves to company "big shots". With other trainees, these people would say things like "great manager" or "wonderful store". I never heard a positive comment from any of them about the location for which I was hired. Big Clue!

Advice to Management

The pressure put on the retail managers filters down to the sales staff. The customers can feel that pressure in the retail store. Get your act together between the telesales and the retail operations. I felt sabotaged more than once by others at Verizon who deal in Customer Service.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. As an employee at Verizon Wireless I help in the area of trouble, diagnosing issues with customer smart phones, tablets.

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, 401 k , bonuses once a year. Opportunity to move up depending who you know.

Cons

I knew a gentlemen that was working on his doctorates degree while taking calls. VZW is the only employer that does not recognize education as a means of promoting.

Advice to Management

There have been incredible people that have come and gone, and the sad irony is that a lot of good people should have been kept simply because of their hard word, their dedication.

Verizon could be one of the best employers ever, however, that will never change because there are to many people in positions who have a chance to change the " backwards cultural division" unlevel playing field.

2. Market Intelligence

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Excellent access to third party market research firms

Cons

Analysis to Senior Management is highly filtered.

Advice to Management

Change reporting structure of Market Intelligence function