Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
  www.verizonwireless.com
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Good company to work for but very strict guidelines and evaluations

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Valley City, UT
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly environment. Training is thorough and extensive to make sure you know the systems and product before you talk to the customer.

Cons

Strict weekly evaluations with little room for error from day one on the phones. Very stressful job and frequently yelled at by customer.

3242 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for.

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Excellent benefits, great co-workers, and awesome perks you really can't get anywhere else. Great opportunities to work in other departments as long as you exceed the requirements.

Cons

Now we have to pay into our benefits, and they're shutting down offices left and right. Kinda scary. Union representation is effective and respected.

VerizonWireless IT for Marketing support

Current Employee - Content Manager
    Current Employee - Content Manager

I have been working at Verizon Wireless as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Our team work with a wide variety of technologies in support of marketing activities. Often, that takes us to conferences (CES, appworld, etc) which is an opportunity to understand the state of the market and emerging trends.
    Experiences with immediate management and upper management very much determine one's experience with the company. Results can be extremely uneven. I have a great manager so my review is positive.

Cons

Marketing. The typical marketing rep is an "idea" person. Often that means technical facts, contraints and schedules are details best left to others. The mutual frustration that comes from mis-aligned goals, gaps in product/service understanding and occasion outbursts leaves room for improvement. The polltics - especially related to budgets & resource/time allocation - are horrendous.
    IT is often asked to deliver goals on crash schedules - often negotiated from reasonable (by tech standards) to marketing-needs.
    The manager is the key to one's experience - without a manager to minimized constant adjustments in project priorites and goals, one's experience can be chaotic.

Common sense stuff: Reduce the whipsaw of changing goals. Plan as well as possible for 1-3, 3-6 & 6-12 month time ranges. Derive targets for each time frame. Manage up the chain to stick to the goals & given priorities as much as possible.
    Work with marketing teams to cajole & hammer clear communication between the tech & IT teams.
    IT need not rebuild the Great Wall in China nor can Marketing avoid adequate understanding of tech, time & resource constraints.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless