There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

CEOs are their Priority, Not the Employee

Current Employee - Telesales in Warrendale, PA
Current Employee - Telesales in Warrendale, PA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, education, benefits and 401k. Hours were very open for making money and onsite gym available.

Cons

You could really use the gym or anything else for that matter because you HAD to do the hours to meet unrealistic quotas. One day new rule next day forgotten. So many leaders to cover so little subordinates.

Quit the layoffs and quit giving bonuses to the 1%.

reviews filtered by

Keeping it real - we are not baseball players and we don't need the MoneyBall ideas.

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Business is going quickly so lots of hiring.

Cons

Keeping up on the ScoreCard - three times and your fired. Extrodinary levels of micromanagement.

If you really care about the Customer's Experience back off on the intensity around the ScoreCard at the retail stores. I'm a store manager and have done very well and have been very successful within Verizon Wireless and I love my job. That being said I must point out that the intensity and pressure put on all employees to perform on a Moneyball like ScoreCard does not make for the best customer experience. I'm all for accountablity and focusing on the bottom line and all that good stuff. But the constant badgering of all employees to pressure customers into buying loads of plastic screen protectors and things they say no to several times before we finally let them leave the store is a little over the top. And firing people for being below the 85% perfomance mark three time in 6 months is a little harsh, come on we aren't being paid millions of dollars like a baseball player. If you truly want the customer to have a possitive experience you need to let the employees interacting with the customer's do there job without the intence pressure of shaking every customer down for every penny they have in their pocket. Simply answering all of the customers questions and making their devices work is enough - the sales will happen when the customer is comfortable and satisfied. Pack your Moneyall ideas up and leave your "Bill James" ideas on the baseball field and let your customer purchase what they want, in peace!

Left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to play on your cellphone all day long between customers and teach people about the latest fun gadgets and technology.

Cons

VZW rates rep performance across various metrics on two "report cards" called Balance Scorecard and Top Gun. You are rewarded or punished based on what these report cards reflect, but neither of them focus on any of the metrics that we get paid on. So in order to keep your job, you spend all day processing non-payable transactions to keep your job, but make no money doing it.

When I started at this company, almost all transactions were payable (meaning I made commission on them). Now, only a couple transactions are payable. So I make much less money, and I have to work so much harder for the little commission I do make. It's wrong to treat employees that way.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless