Verizon Wireless

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

CEOs are their Priority, Not the Employee

Current Employee - Telesales in Warrendale, PA
Current Employee - Telesales in Warrendale, PA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, education, benefits and 401k. Hours were very open for making money and onsite gym available.

Cons

You could really use the gym or anything else for that matter because you HAD to do the hours to meet unrealistic quotas. One day new rule next day forgotten. So many leaders to cover so little subordinates.

Quit the layoffs and quit giving bonuses to the 1%.

3242 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to play on your cellphone all day long between customers and teach people about the latest fun gadgets and technology.

Cons

VZW rates rep performance across various metrics on two "report cards" called Balance Scorecard and Top Gun. You are rewarded or punished based on what these report cards reflect, but neither of them focus on any of the metrics that we get paid on. So in order to keep your job, you spend all day processing non-payable transactions to keep your job, but make no money doing it.

When I started at this company, almost all transactions were payable (meaning I made commission on them). Now, only a couple transactions are payable. So I make much less money, and I have to work so much harder for the little commission I do make. It's wrong to treat employees that way.

Absolutely worst company to work for! Do not fall for their lies!!! Wish I could give negative stars!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have a lot of money and who knows where it is being spent.

Cons

Health Benefits are not worth the premium. Pay is not worth the work load. Hours are worse than the pay. No incentives for doing well. No Holiday Party. Overpriced onsite Café, Overpriced onsite GYM. Company makes employees pay for their services, only 35% accessories which are already way overpriced. Company is the Greediest company I have ever worked for. Look at your bill people every month this company will steal from you!

Pay your employees for their performance. Showing up for work and doing what is asked of them is part of why you pay them. Going above an beyond for each and every customer is not part of their job description and not part of their base pay. The company should do away with STI (for customer service reps only) and start paying based on performance on each paycheck. $5 for each perfect survey (max of 3), $2 for RGF, $1 for every $20 of accessories sold. No MAX. Holiday Bonus based on tenure only, 6 month review with pay increase based on performance only, Shift bid every three months based on Performance only, $100 in recognizing you dollars every month to the teams top performer, ten minute huddle every morning after ITIME discuss goals and ramp up the team, 1 hour team meeting every week to celebrate successes and discuss best practices, create goals, gain knowledge of new products and promotions, and discuss any changes. So many more things I do not have time for all the things that need to change with this company they need to stop being so greedy and brushing it off that they are a for profit company, what company is not a for profit company that does not mean you can treat your employees and your customers like they are less than nothing and lie, cheat and steal from them to line your already fat pockets. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless