Verizon Wireless

Great compensation and Benefits

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Pushes you to achieve lofty goals.

Cons

Very stressful and hard to take time off in this role. 70+ thousand employees; you tend to sometimes get lost in the shuffle. Dealing with other internal departments can be frustrating.

Try to achieve better interdepartmental communication and standard policies. Sometimes management roles out plans and changes quickly without fully thinking things through.

3396 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

If you like a lot of stress, work here

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Benefits, yearly bonus, discounted cell phone plan

Cons

I don't know where to start. The commission gets worse every month. They will take money out of your commission check if you discount phones for customers, or if you have too many phones returned. Their policies are not employee centric at all. Mandatory six day work weeks are the norm during certain times of the year. There is no work/life balance at all. Micromanagement is constant from all levels. It is the most stressful place I have ever worked.

Be more in touch with your front line employees. Things look great on paper but affect people's lives and paychecks in a serious manner.

A good company that provides excellent benefits.

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Its a fast moving and competitive environment. Always need to learn new products. If you adapt to change well and can motivate yourself, you will do well.

Cons

As with any business, it changes. Your leaders will always demand more of you. For example, I was exceeding my sales in "data product" revenue, the next month they will expect that of you from here on out. (this can easily be turned into a "pro" if you have the right state of mind.

Sometimes employees get overworked. You should look into team building activities.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless