no real understanding of local markets by mid management- accountants view of Sales

Former Employee - Business Account Executive  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

health plans and 401K, paid time off,

Cons

run by numbers , unrealistic expectations of market . top down driven metrics, middle management - robots to senior management.

Understand your management and workers as to real conditions of the market location.
Believe in Company Credo , practice what you preach and don't get lost in the financials and metrics

Other Reviews for Verizon Wireless

If you could care less about what you're throwing in the bag, then this is the place for you.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits from day 1, somewhat flexible work schedule, lots of shadowing and trainings to complete.

Cons

It was a cut throat work environment where management played favorites. Extremely difficult for a new hire to adapt. Zero fun to deal with tech/billing questions while a colleague closes a deal of new line activations.

I sat in the break area for 45 minutes before a manager approached me for my in store training day. Almost all of the tasks I was supposed to complete in store were skipped. Once I began working full-time performance communication was very limited except when managers would discuss performance plans and critique your sales methods.

Great Company with unlimited potential

Current Employee - Assistant Retail Store Manager  in  Hawthorne, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Retail Store Manager in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great income and great training. Offer great benefits and great support by HR and management.

Cons

Just like many Corporate America, change consistently. adapt and change is a must!

Aggressive targets and goals. never satisfy and keep on pushing to attain goals

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!