Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
  www.verizonwireless.com
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Amazing benefits, decent pay, great culture and nice facilities

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are endless and the training is amazing. They pay you well, offer over time and give you recognition for hard work. The managers are all leaders, have great skills and every manager I had was amazing. This place truly breeds excellence as corny as that sounds.

Cons

High stress calls but they pay you well. Requesting time off is so impersonal and I tried to get my wedding day off which happened to be on Labor Day weekend, but I was denied because of seniority. This was 10 months in advance and you do this at the beginning of the year, but I was told to "just call in sick".

Change the time off requesting slightly. Still keep the seniority, but make certain categories higher priority. For example, weddings, birthdays and graduations should be higher priority than simple vacation time. Family is more important than play time.

3224 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Great experience highly stressful environment high paced, excelled in sales and customer service

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Warrendale, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Warrendale, PA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits the company gives would be the best reason to work for Verizon Wirless.

Cons

Many departments within the company have different promotions which can offset customers buying intentions.

Every job has its pros and cons...

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are by far the best I've come across, and are effective starting on day one. The money is great, despite the ever changing commission structure. Verizon also offers top notch training and the experience you get in a high volume, fast paced, ever changing work environment are extremely valuable no matter where your career takes you.

Cons

Verizon makes it difficult to advance outside of retail. If you start out in retail, then good luck in ever making the move outside as the District Manager will make it near impossible to leave retail. Work life balance is non-existent. In Colorado, Managers are expected to work 50-60 hours per week making half pay for anything over 40 hours. You will never get a holiday off, no matter how tenured you are. The daily grind of verbally and physically abusive customers is the biggest con, especially if you are like me, and still in the retail environment 7 years in to your career.

Limit the amount of time that an employees stays in retail unless they choose to stay there. It should be easier to transition out of retail and not have mid level management consistently put up road blocks. Half pay for anything over 40 hours of work is incredibly insulting for managers. Run contest or make exceptions to periodically allow those tenured employees to enjoy at least one holiday season with their families. The front line employees are the ones who are dealing with the harsh demands of retail and face to face interactions with customers, yet it's only the corporate employees who always get the holidays off.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless