There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Has been slowely going downhill.

Former Employee - Business Sales Representative in Warrendale, PA
Former Employee - Business Sales Representative in Warrendale, PA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, there are oppurtunities to move within the company and the training you receive is top notch.

Cons

The company has seems to have forgotten about their employees and customers and is focussing too much on KPI's. They make it hard tobleave because even if you're miserable, you are unlikely to find similar pay elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, remember the front line employees and the customers are the ones who truly grow the business...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Updated review after yet another departmental change

Current Employee - Advisor- CORe in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Advisor- CORe in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are still great Coworkers are still great to work with Opportunities when you leave this department are great

Cons

Energies of leadership are devoted toward anything other than correcting the glaring issues with call volume and employee morale You will now be written up at the drop of the hat. (See: Developing for one month in a single stat. I'm not exaggerating.) Grossly understaffed department. As a result, schedules have become even more horrendous. Department hours have been extended until 2AM, since the director didn't want to spring for keeping our department in the west region open. More and more job functions are being added while at the same time people who leave are not being replaced. Entire department has a dystopian "1984" feel to it; Monitors everywhere asking how your stats are doing or reminding you not to use your cell phone, signs are hung up all over the floor reminding everyone not to use their cell phones or even have them on their desks, while the supervisors regularly patrol and threaten to write people up for using them. Keep in mind that this is a cell phone company. Communication is still a joke. Our department has become a dump-off point for people in other departments who don't know what to do with their customers. Hiring standards are in the toilet since word has gotten out and nobody in the company wants to apply anymore. More people are leaving than can be replaced.

Advice to Management

This department is now a complete lost cause. Nobody has any hope here, other than performing well enough to get out. Unfortunately attending school (so that I can get out) keeps me shackled to the sinking ship. My advice? Fire everyone above the supervisor level and rebuild. Senior leadership in this department is so grossly out of touch it makes my head spin. It got to the point where our director had to beg for help from another department to cover our holiday volume because he has no idea what's going on in his own department and delegates all the work who are even more out of touch than him. The company as a whole is still good, from what I hear from my padded cell. It's unfortunate that this blight and cancer of a department is able to still exist within an otherwise pretty well-run company that treats its other employees well.

2. Good place to grow

Former Employee - Assistant Retail Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Retail Store Manager

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Benefits, and Training.

Cons

Can be difficult to promote. You must be weary of upper management! Once management doesn't believe in you, it is very difficult to change their perception.

Advice to Management

Come together as a team, focus on your employee growth, and never forget to take care of the customers.