There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

What a rewarding experience....

Former Employee - Technical Support Coordinator  in  Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Easy money for a simple job, the tuition assistance program paid for 2 Master's degrees for me and there is no tenure requirement. I just left that job after completing my 2nd degree 2 months ago. The experience and skills I earned while working there are helping pursue my new career.

Cons

Customers call in stressed out because there bill is so high or their service was turned off for non-payment and now you are getting the brunt of it. Call centers are challenging all on their own, but being able to help diffuse other's stress is a huge life saver.

Offer more immediate financial incentives for agents who are working with customers, maybe offer a debit-card award system. Deposit money in the accounts for agents who hit all their marks and offer higher incentives for those who exceed the monthly goals.

2909 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Great company, but not as fast paced as other tech companies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time

Pros

The benefits are great, because they provide options like 401K matching, donation matching, and tuition assistance. The company is very secure and treats employees well. Typically there is room for growth, but it might require switching groups or changing your job function.

Cons

It's a big company and in many ways very traditional. Sometimes it seems hard to get anything accomplished, because so many approvals or process checkpoints are required. Overall it is more formal than a typical tech company, which could be good or bad depending on what you are looking for.

Don't start in customer service, if you don't want to be there long term

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great Benefits, Discounts, incentives, and working enviroment is good.

Cons

Once in Customer Service Department, it's hard to move out.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!