There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Great Company

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for less than a year

Pros

Verizon Wireless allows for the opportunity to move up in the company very quickly based on your individual motivation and drive.

Cons

You must be able to sell. if you can't sell and you aren't one of the top sales reps, you will have a hard time succeeding.

2883 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Get in your position, do your job, and move on to the next

Former Employee - Tech Support Coordinator  in  Hanover, MD
    Former Employee - Tech Support Coordinator in Hanover, MD

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Verizon Wireless offers great benefits, discounts, and a great company brand. They pay well and are an industry leader. Although I was laid off, I think they are excellent, and I still keep my service with them because they are the best wireless carrier around.

Cons

I worked in a call center which seemed like high school. The company did a a lot of things to boost morale, such as catered food, held events, and even had video games from time to time. I worked in call centers before and we didn't ave any of that, but consistency of policies and employee treatment is what made it great. In the VZW call center environment, policies are followed based on what supervisor chooses, and which doesn't. I find that in the workplace is everyone is given rules, and sticks by them, it makes for a better environment. All the games, food, etc, could have been eliminated and a professional demeanor would have went a lot further.

Also, call center life is not for everyone. The schedules can be crappy. They claim to give you a good work/life balance but that doesn't always happen based on the "needs of the business." The needs of the business overrode my life when i had the flu and stomach virus back to back, followed by an accident that totaled my car and left me so out for whack initially that I didn't know what 911 was or that I was supposed to call them. After a stranger stopped and called 911, I got my senses back and told my family to take me to work. I went to work, disheveled, car totaled (damages of more the $15 grand and I was told I couldn't take off because the business did not allot for the time. I used my sick time and vacation wasn't available. I couldn't even get to see my doctor until 3 weeks alter because of the "needs of the business." So to end, work/life balance is not always the best when life comes in to play and back to back sicknesses and a horrible car wreck come into play. A non phone employee asked me how I was doing and I told them I hadn't been to the doctor and they told me I should leave work immediately. I said 'there was no time available.' his response was "Wow!". Yes, wow, welcome to the life of a call center employee.

Call center employees deal with the companies most important asset- the customers. The call center reps are really the bottom of the food chain, but these are the people that should really be given more credit. They work hard, are on the front line every day. Treat them like adults and not children, and let their input be heard before any direct customer policies are changed. We talk to our customers, we know what they want, and what they believe is Tom Foolery.

Great pay but very little realistic training.

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time

Pros

Compensation and overall work environment is OK, The benefits are better than most. It is demanding.

Cons

Training accommodates many different learning styles but lacks real life situations

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!