Account manager-Indirect

Former Employee - Account Manager - Indirect in Sumter, SC
Former Employee - Account Manager - Indirect in Sumter, SC

Pros

salary and benefits, demo plans

Cons

high pressure to sell higher rate plans, data products. Not all customers can afford a high cellphone bill these days. No mercy for people who are late with their payments.

Advice to Management

Get product changes out to the field in a more timely manner

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

commission based on speed

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

Pros

It is a job, perks are good

Cons

commission based on how many and how fast you go...if you do everything they want you to your sales suffer. Verizon thinks the more sales people they have the more sales they will get. They barely do any marketing. The retail sales reps are to bring in their own business like out side sales but don't have the lead way to make sales. Meaning we would still have to be their 8 hour or more a day but if we get a customer to come in on our day off then we have to be there. If we don't make our very high sales goals we have to come in on our days off and explain why we can't sell anything. Because there are too many sales reps nobody has enough work to do. So everyone just stands in the front of the store lunging at people. The job is very boring compared to the way it had been in the past. If your not one of the "faster reps" you can barely make enough to live in southern california

Advice to Management

stop hiring so many sales reps it isn't helping get more sales...you are paying people to stand around and do nothing unless it is a busy store.

Don't Get Sick

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Valley, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Valley, NY

Pros

Verizon Wireless is a pretty well run company and the benefits are great and the pay is pretty good.

Cons

You do have paid time off, but you have to be careful with sick days. If you get sick you are still expected to work and if you take sick days you jeopardize your status. You get written up for too many sick days in a certain time frame. This can stay on your record for months, during which time you cannot advance, plus if you get sick again during that time you could get fired. Plus, since everyone is afraid of this, they go to work when they are sick, so everyone else gets sick, too! That is how I got sick so frequently. I finally quit because I was afraid that if I got sick again in the next 9 months that I was on 'probation' I would get fired. Not worth it.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible with sick time. Let people stay at home if they're sick so they don't get everyone else sick.