Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

You'll stay busy and deal with a variety of personalities and moods & make a good amount of money if you're good at it!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Rapid City, SD
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Rapid City, SD

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Compensation is excellent - commission structure is complex and challenging, but if you focus on where you make the most money (which coincides with making the company money) you can make between 50,000-80,000 a year since it's not capped.
Benefits are fantastic - incredibly inexpensive health insurance for individuals and families, and when I was there they matched up to 6% of every paycheck for 401k, which adds up fast; paid vacation and sick days -- and there is no probationary period
The majority of the managers I had were excellent - they let you be accountable for your own success and generally don't nag when you're not meeting your quotas

Cons

Hours are swing shifts, between 6-3, 7-4, 8-5, 9-6, 10-7, 11-8, 12-9... it can be frustrating to attempt having a life outside of work because of the variety of shifts you have each week.
Coworkers tend to get frustrated when they are not meeting numbers and oftentimes end up blaming another rep's success on 'cherry-picking' customers or making excuses for the quality of customer that comes in the door - you have to be prepared to deal with a lot of moodiness between managers and sales reps and sales reps vs. sales reps.

Strive to be educated enough in the company that you can honestly say you know the answer, but encourage the employee to find the answer on their own. I had a few fantastic managers that developed me with this and I went from Customer Service to Sales to Assistant manager in three years.

3521 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

micro managed to death.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

pay isn't bad for retail. health benefits, 401k, & tuition reimbursment are definitely the only pros.

Cons

managers can tell you what needs to be achieved with no direction on how to do it. constant micro management.

Sales now aren't like when you were getting your #'s padded by care reps back when they were reps!

B2B Sales Management is destroying the relationships built in the pre-Alltel era

Former Employee - Business Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Business Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

salary and benefits were competitive, but the mega-corporate culture is built on back stabbing and egos

Cons

very top-heavy management that loves to dress to impress and implement plans upon plans for more work. They just dont listen to customer needs and forge ahead with egos of #1. Without great network coverage, customers would flock away, but they need the service because competition networks are horrible. The "culture" is so fake, but you must buy in.....or else!

WAKE UP and listen to the needs of your customers. Drop the ego a few notches and get real with your client base. Stop implementing more reporting plans for the folks that truly do the work. ...."We are Verizon" is the mantra....but we are fed up is the reality !

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless