Verizon Wireless

repetitive but rewarding

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Daly City, CA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

You will make a lot of money, and gain a lot of experience. Usually people you work with are a close knit group.

Cons

You will be doing the same thing everyday, lots of competition and when it comes down to it, no one will have your back.

3242 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Overall good place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

For what I do, I think the pay is very good. My coworkers are fun and we are really like a team. Although the customers can be extremely rude sometimes, this job has given me more confidence in communicating and an ability to diffuse situations. The benefits are wonderful and the company really takes care of it's employees. Trainings are constant so we are always learning. The longer you are with a company the better your chances are of moving up. Quotas are attainable for cuts. Service, I'm not sure how the sales reps feel though....

Cons

That being said...there is a lot of favoritism in terms of moving ahead in your career. Be prepared to kiss up to a lot of people before you can get anywhere. Don't expect recognition from your management, but be ready to be yelled at if your numbers aren't great. Cuts. Service reps do a lot of thankless work. If you have a problem with management, don't bother talking to the district manager. She is friends with all of them and will not listen to you. Verizon keeps raising prices and has very rigid policies more aimed at making money than caring about their customers.

Management should be better about recognizing the efforts of their employees. At the end of the day when you are reading our daily sheets don't just harp on the goals we did not meet. Mention what you notice we did well and what we could work on. Employees will not work harder for you if you yell and gripe.....we will do the opposite and will eventually quit.

Very Cut-throat environment

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Compensation and Benefits future advancement

Cons

Management in Chicago churn and burn store managers even if the poor performance is not the fault of the store manager. Its all about the numbers. skip level meetings prove to be counterproductive.

when someone is promoted keep a good eye on them and help them become even better. dont just let the poor performance of a store become the image of the store manager. support your choice better.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless