Vermilion Energy
www.vermilionenergy.com Calgary, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

Vermilion Energy is a very classy company to work for.

Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vermilion Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company is very involved in the communities they operate in and try to do more than just throw money at a problem. The compensation is excellent, the reputation is top-notch, management is very professional and methodical. Although very conservative, there is little threat of losing your job so long as you contribute accordingly. I loved going to work every day.

ConsLargely due to the structure of the long-term incentives (and the significant value of it), it is rare that people leave the company. Because they grow very carefully and slowly, there is not much opportunity to be promoted or move between groups.
Along with the significant compensation is an unwritten expectation of 'getting the job done'. That often encompasses a substantial amount of overtime during some periods. Although tiresome, I did not feel as though this was too much to ask in the grand scheme of things. Again, this is a great company. Definitely more pros than cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the fantastic job! I truly loved working for Vermilion.

Great culture, competitive compensation, and well-respected company - Best company I've worked for!

Technical Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vermilion Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great company culture driven by CEO and generally very good leadership throughout organization Consistently strong share performance translates to very good long term incentive Generally competent and… Cons: Internal moves can be tricky given people stay in their jobs for a… Advice to Senior Management: The executive management is top notch. They genuinely make an effort to listen to employees suggestions and have done a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, great people

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Vermilion Energy as a contractor

Pros: Oil and Gas industry perks with small company vibe. Competitive salary, great… Cons: The only con I can think of that some departments have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Vermilion Energy.

Worked for Vermilion Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vermilion Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vermilion Energy CEO Lorenzo Donadeo. All reviews posted anonymously by Vermilion Energy employees.