Vermont Teddy Bear
www.vermontteddybear.com Shelburne, VT 150 to 499 Employees

Vermont Teddy Bear - A Sinking Ship

Burlington, VT

I have been working at Vermont Teddy Bear

ProsIt is a fun place to work in the summer time since the company is not very busy. There is Bocce and BBQ's and the people who work here are generally good people who share common lifestyles and interests.

ConsIn the busy season (October-May) we are required to work longer hours even though there is no financial compensation for working extra time. It was implied that "turning the walls" (working in other departments such as the warehouse) would increase overall profits which would in turn end up in our year end bonuses. However, year end bonuses have been canceled so now we are required to work extra hours with no hope of financial compensation. For example, I worked 4, 17 hour days during Valentine's Day Peak, but was not compensated in any way.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs trust their employees, allow them or their managers to make decisions and end the system of micromanagement that has been in place here for so many years. We have lost a lot of good employees over the past few years, most of which have not been replaced. The fact that people are leaving should speak for itself. There is no promise of advancement and the pay scales aren't very good. A 2-5% wage increase is barely enough to cover cost of living increases which leaves employees in the same position they were in a year before their review. Increase wages, instill confidence and command respect or continue to lose qualified, hardworking employees.

Love my job at VTB!

I have been working at Vermont Teddy Bear

Pros: The people are nice to each other here. I like feeling part of a company that brings happiness to the many visitors to the… Cons: We have been hit by the recession and the slow-down in retail because of… Advice to Senior Management: Thank you for making announcements about changes happening here. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Shelburne, VT

I worked at Vermont Teddy Bear

Pros: Great work culture and a great team atmosphere. The company does a great job of promoting from within and offers… Cons: The pay is pretty low and should be more competitive. Salary increases are… Advice to Senior Management: Increase salaries for new hires to attract a high level… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Vermont Teddy Bear.

Worked for Vermont Teddy Bear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vermont Teddy Bear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vermont Teddy Bear CEO John F. Gilbert. All reviews posted anonymously by Vermont Teddy Bear employees.