Vermont Teddy Bear

Very good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shelburne, VT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelburne, VT

I worked at Vermont Teddy Bear

Pros

Great work culture and a great team atmosphere. The company does a great job of promoting from within and offers strong advancement potential. A lot of employees tend to stay with the company for a long time. Pretty good benefits.

Cons

The pay is pretty low and should be more competitive. Salary increases are usually very low and pay rates are often capped at pretty low amounts.

Increase salaries for new hires to attract a high level of talent.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Vermont Teddy Bear (View Most Recent)

Vermont Teddy Bear - A Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Vermont Teddy Bear

Pros

It is a fun place to work in the summer time since the company is not very busy. There is Bocce and BBQ's and the people who work here are generally good people who share common lifestyles and interests.

Cons

In the busy season (October-May) we are required to work longer hours even though there is no financial compensation for working extra time. It was implied that "turning the walls" (working in other departments such as the warehouse) would increase overall profits which would in turn end up in our year end bonuses. However, year end bonuses have been canceled so now we are required to work extra hours with no hope of financial compensation. For example, I worked 4, 17 hour days during Valentine's Day Peak, but was not compensated in any way.

Senior management needs trust their employees, allow them or their managers to make decisions and end the system of micromanagement that has been in place here for so many years. We have lost a lot of good employees over the past few years, most of which have not been replaced. The fact that people are leaving should speak for itself. There is no promise of advancement and the pay scales aren't very good. A 2-5% wage increase is barely enough to cover cost of living increases which leaves employees in the same position they were in a year before their review. Increase wages, instill confidence and command respect or continue to lose qualified, hardworking employees.

Love my job at VTB!

I have been working at Vermont Teddy Bear

Pros

The people are nice to each other here. I like feeling part of a company that brings happiness to the many visitors to the factory during the summer. BBQs, Bake-offs and Bocce Ball. I love it. The benefits package is standard but they do go the extra mile providing gym membership, free passes to a lot of stuff, good discounts for other Vermont companies and occasional give-aways. I think the politics is pretty minimal too.

Cons

We have been hit by the recession and the slow-down in retail because of it. So people had to be laid off and so good people are gone.

Thank you for making announcements about changes happening here.

There are newer employer reviews for Vermont Teddy Bear

Worked for Vermont Teddy Bear? Contribute to the Community!