There are newer employer reviews for Version 1

Down to earth people who work well together

Current Employee - Graduate IT Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Graduate IT Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Version 1 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The core values of Version 1 are evident by the calibre of their staff. My favourite, "no ego", has made working for this company so much more enjoyable than previous companies I've worked for. Being part of the setup for over a month, I'd gladly go for a pint with any of my colleagues. Version 1 take the training of their staff seriously, and we work together to specify exactly what training I need to progress in my role e.g. programming certification. This is ideal as opposed to the approach I’ve experienced previously, whereby lots of training occurs early on, much of which may be irrelevant to the role. Staff nights out are very enjoyable.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons yet. This is the best company I've worked for.

Advice to Management

Please continue with excellent speakers at the quarterly meetings. I really enjoyed the motivational speech given by Davy Fitzgerald, the Clare hurling manager, recently.

Version 1 Response

Aug 19, 2014 – Engagement Manager

Thanks for your posting. Our Quarterly Company Briefings are enhanced by people like Davy Fitz, Mark Little and Billy Walsh who all impart a little bit of wisdom on what makes winning teams and how ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Excellent company with such a strong ethos built around its Core Values and it really has an open door policy.

Current Contractor - Human Resources Department in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Contractor - Human Resources Department in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Version 1 as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Values based employer, great leadership who believe in their employees, good career progression model and there's a big focus on building something special. A lot of time and effort spent on CSR activities and the entire company gets involved.

Cons

For guys based on-site it can be hard to feel part of the Company but there is a project group looking at addressing this.

So far so good...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Version 1 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is really good. I have been made to feel very welcome. The company prides itself on it's core values, and they are clearly in evidence every day. Managers and colleagues have been friendly and helpful. Good pay and benefits. Good induction / on-boarding for newbies.

Cons

I'm relatively new to the job, so I haven't experienced any cons as of yet.