There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore

A good place to work if you adore Scrum and embrace frequent changes.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore

Pros

* Some managers are definitely okay * Foosball, table-tennis * Free pop and juices

Cons

* High-level management layoffs * Change in direction from time to time

Advice to Management

Slow down the pace of change and the layoffs. People really get unsettled when this happens.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Little guidance, low pay and constant change.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boulder, CO

I worked at Vertafore

Pros

Good benefits and limited travel.

Cons

Unreasonable objectives, constant large price increases for clients, no opportunity to advance.

Advice to Management

Morale is terrible and having unachievable objectives doesn't lend much credibility to management. You are alienating your customers with constant price increases when their revenues are down due to Internet competitors and reduced commissions.

Great place to work... mostly...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore

Pros

-Compensation for carpooling, busing, or any non-single-occupant-vehicle commuting (not just a flex spending--actual money added to your paycheck) -Compensation for personal cell-phone usage (for traveling employees) -Lack of training was mentioned by others, I found it quite comprehensive for my department (training was also paid) -I found my salary quite competitive -Mostly laid back atmosphere--depending on your department, jeans and even shorts are common. Even the most "stuffy" departments usually only require slacks and a nice shirt (no ties/jackets required) -Friendly coworkers pretty much everywhere

Cons

-Previous comments about the stinginess of raises are absolutely accurate. Despite record sales year after year, merit increases are consistently denied. -Upper management seems largely schizophrenic--they just can't seem to decide on something so they'll restructure (this does not ALWAYS mean layoffs), move people around... it's like if they can't figure out how to fix the problem, maybe a new organizational tree will help. This happens surprisingly frequently. -Expectations are set *very* high. Part of the way they get away with denying merit increases is to set fantastically high goals and then when they aren't met (despite a record setting year), they can still say, "Well we didn't meet our goals for the year..."

Advice to Management

-The constant personnel shuffle (both at the top as well as throughout the company) is unsettling and confusing. Especially when they're accompanied with lengthy e-mails about how "Yes we're changing, but everything's ok! Don't panic! No seriously! It's ok! Really!" When you go on so much about how everything is ok--it pretty much tells us that everything isn't. -When the company is having record sales years, it's NOT ok to deny merit increases for the people who are busting their butts to make those sales happen. You set unrealistic goals in a down economy--that's on you and your projections--not us.