Vertafore
www.vertafore.com Bothell, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Love the people more than any other job I've ever had. Have zero faith in upper management.

Computer Worker (Current Employee)
Conyers, GA

I have been working at Vertafore

ProsThe culture in the Conyers office is the best that I've ever encountered in a company. The employees here behave more like a family and less like co-workers. We get great benefits and the office is constantly throwing parties and other fun things for us to recognize that we value each other. We don't get a ton of kudos from corporate so we find ways to recognize ourselves within the office. They office buys us lunch every Friday and we use that time to keep our culture family-feeling and to do fun things with each other. You won't find a better place to work from a culture standpoint. Even with our faults as a large company I recommend our company as a place to work all of the time. I can't speak for other offices within the company in other states. If you are looking for a job in the Atlanta area I'd HIGHLY recommend you give us a peek.

ConsThe salaries are middle-of-the-road here. They facilitate this by setting unachievable goals for the company as a whole and tying our salaries to those goals so that it always look like we are middle-of-the-road in performance. Managers are told by the corporate HQ in Bothell that they can't award good reviews for their people so our compensation and review process is a joke. We have lost a few key folks because of this but I'm surprised to find some of them coming back after they find out that money isn't everything and the people here make for a great place to work. The leadership in Bothell knew that the bad market had the employees in a bad spot and they took advantage of that. The job market in Atlanta is coming around and we are starting to see people go seek higher wages elsewhere but it is often at their own peril. We're seeing many people come back to us after leaving.

I have very little faith in the upper-tier leadership here. Decisions are heavily driven from the corporate HQ in Bothell and I'm not convinced they have a thorough grasp on leading a multi-state company like Vertafore. They aren't able to speak to their visions for the future in any way that our clients and employees understand or agree with. They rely on the fact that we are the largest player in our space to keep us afloat but lately smaller and hungrier competitors are beating us in sales and the top leadership haven't reacted quick enough to those threats. They talk publicly to us about blunting those threats but specific plans on "how" never materialize.

They seem to thrive on changing leaders at the top and trying to gloss over the changes with stereotypical Mission Statement update junk and corporate-speak. I firmly believe that if they solved the problems at the top then this company would be the ultimate place to work. Until then we will continue to be a great place to work because the ground-level people keep it that way but with uninspiring leadership from the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a plan that resonates with our customers and our employees. Stop the needless shuffling of people at the top. Quickly address compensation issues or risk losing key talent as the job market improves.

A good place to work if you adore Scrum and embrace frequent changes.

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore

Pros: * Some managers are definitely okay * Foosball, table-tennis * Free pop… Cons: * High-level management layoffs * Change in direction from time to… Advice to Senior Management: Slow down the pace of change and the layoffs. People… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Little guidance, low pay and constant change.

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Boulder, CO

I worked at Vertafore

Pros: Good benefits and limited travel. Cons: Unreasonable objectives, constant large price increases for clients, no opportunity… Advice to Senior Management: Morale is terrible and having unachievable objectives doesn't lend much credibility to management. You are alienating your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Vertafore.

Worked for Vertafore? Contribute to the Community!

Vertafore – Why Work for Us?

You & Vertafore Take advantage of the opportunity to make an impact, track your contribution and be part of a growing and profitable business. You’ll work with highly skilled, creative people to implement smart and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vertafore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vertafore CEO Alex Lintner. All reviews posted anonymously by Vertafore employees.