Vertafore

www.vertafore.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore

Change in company direction.

Current Employee - QA Analyst
Current Employee - QA Analyst

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is a fun place to work. The people make it what it is.

Cons

Office closing and reduction in staff company wide makes people nervous and want to look for other jobs.

I realize you need to consider the best for the company, but considering the employees more would be appreciated.

205 Other Employee Reviews for Vertafore (View Most Recent)

Nice people, good working hours

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

Great working hours (everyone works 8a-5p), very nice people, plentiful free food, good learning opportunities

Cons

Hard to move up within the company (lots of existing management), very bureaucratic processes in place, stingy PTO package for new employees, everyone is concerned about not doing the wrong thing rather than doing the right thing

Give employees a clear path upwards, get rid of the need for extensive documentation just to avoid finger pointing

Do not value employees and clients: Unfocused and dysfuntional structure; Lead by fear and negativity

Current Employee - Named Account Manager
    Current Employee - Named Account Manager

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved my co-workers and clients, who I've made great friendships with that will continue past this company. When you value your team players from all parts of the company, they will go above and beyond to help you. Most everyone from sales, professional services, product development, and customer support that were the "ground workers" who had direct contact with clients, truly valued the clients and did what ever they could to make it better. I will miss all of them who helped work as a team with me.

Cons

Leadership is very poor and seems very disconnected both internally with their "ground worker employees" and externally with their clients. Very negative environment as sales are down, and employees are not valued. Reduction of employees with tenure and ones that have long standing relationships are discarded very easily. Executives do not travel in the field to visit clients for face to face meetings unless they are the top accounts, which causes much of the disconnect with clients.
    Client satifaction is very low. Most clients feel they have no choice for softwares, and stay as there isn't much better softwares and companies to go with, so they feel trapped.

Value your employees. Executives: get out in the field for face to face client meetings. Understand your people and clients. Reward your dedicated employees. Keep employees that are positive and ones that have great client relationships. Improve your products and integration. Deliver what you promise to your clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore