Vertafore

www.vertafore.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore

Changing management

I worked at Vertafore full-time

Pros

work life balance is good.

Cons

executives are constantly being fired. the company does not invest in the long term. expenses are constantly being managed so the company can eventually be sold.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Vertafore (View Most Recent)

Keep your resume close!

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The co-workers you have are great to work with. The immediate managers are usually understanding and easy to work with and for.

Cons

Basically impossible to move up in the company. Upper management gets an objective and pushes it down to the "little people" who do the work and don't understand the pressures and demands that puts on an already stressed out staff.

Look at the assets you have, and try to hold on to them. Look at the workload and the lack of workers and fill in the gaps.

I really like it, but I also keep me resume current

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Good medium-large sized company with solid financials
    - Good (though not exceptional) work environment (between RIFs and re-orgs)
    - Good products, but room for improvement means opportunities abound.
    - High achievers can do well.
    - Competitive salaries and decent benefits

Cons

- Management turn-over is an issue. Having multiple new managers every year is no fun and wears you out.
    - Layoffs are inexplicable, random and far too frequent for a company this profitable. Most companies cut from the bottom 10% of performers. At Vertafore, its a crap shoot. You can get a performance bonus one week and a pink slip the next. You never know when or where the ax will fall, or how to avoid getting cut. Morale drops with each unexplained reduction. Speaking for myself, I do not feel secure in my job here despite consistently high performance reviews.
    - Multiple reductions without back-filling roles means that many are performing parts of multiple jobs and chronically overworked.
    - Internal promotion happens, but too infrequently. As with most companies, you usually have to leave to get a promotion.

I actually really like most of the current management and think they are genuinely good, smart people. They're not perfect, as evidenced by the cons I mention above, but they are also moving the company in a very positive, interesting strategic direction. My advice would be to do a better, more proactive job of communicating honestly the what and why around the frequent changes (better yet, reduce them). Your silence allows the rumor mill to become the single source of information for the company, and I must say, the rumors aren't flattering.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore