Vertafore

www.vertafore.com
  www.vertafore.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore

Great place to work—for the right temperament

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I find Vertafore to be full of smart, talented people who treat each other with respect and who really care about doing good work. It’s a much less political, competitive environment than I’ve experienced in bigger companies. Top management has an exciting, viable strategy, and the projects that people are working on are innovative and fun. All the pieces are in place for us to continue be very successful.

Like any company, life looks different from team to team, site to site. From my perspective, Vertafore is a place for people who roll with change, take personal accountability for how they manage that change, and deliver results while playing nice with others. It’s not the best place for people who don’t handle ambiguity with an even keel. My role models here know how to keep perspective. They handle ambiguity by figuring out how they can lead themselves and others through it.

Cons

There have been a lot of intentional leadership changes (mostly for the better) in the last 1-2 years, and groups are still figuring out how their work fits together. Our product direction has evolved, and it requires people to break down silos to work together in new ways. It’s positive for the long-run, but there’s even more ambiguity than usual in the short-run.

Managers: continue to empower your people to take personal responsibility and accountability. Don’t accept passive-aggressiveness as a coping mechanism. Expect personal accountability, recognizing that you first need to provide the support and the safety net for people to stretch and to learn from mistakes.

New CEO: Vertafore has suffered from the effects of our soon-to-be prior CEO. Euan has been remote (literally and figuratively—his office was in NY, and he didn’t make the effort to connect with the people or provide visible leadership). Vertafore has a ton of people passionate about doing great work for the company and for the customer, and it has a strong group of execs leading their areas. The uniting force of an engaged CEO is the missing link for us.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Vertafore (View Most Recent)

Good employer, company moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- PEOPLE
    - Work/life balance
    - Benefits/compensation

Cons

- Senior management
    - Training
    - Overall communication

Happy to be here and hope to retire from same place

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, overall very satisfied with wages and benefits and management style. Employee recognition have gotten better over the years, with rewards and different company sponsored events.

Cons

Recent and prolonged challenges with insufficient resources and inadequate staffing and new-hires still in training in Support organization has made it a daily challenge to provide first class quality service to our customers.

To focus less on metrics and more on employee's judgment to make the best call on difficult and challenging interactions to meet the customers needs and wants.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore