There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore

OK, but no one really seems to enjoy their job.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Vertafore as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people who were very knowledgeable in their professions. Company was very thoughtful with employee perks. Beautiful building and surroundings with lots of walking trails.

Cons

Somehow it just seemed very cold. A very "go through the proper channels" kind of place. Everyone did their jobs, but no one seemed to have any passion for what they were doing. Also, the company seemed to have unlimited funds to hire outside vendors, when a lot of money could have been better spent doing things in-house, allowing for more control and less back-and-forth on projects.

Advice to Management

Upper management seemed very superficial, trying to do the obilitory rah-rah, but even they seemed to have a disconnect with really caring about the company or it's clients, only in making their financial goals. Hopefully the new CEO has given managers a better vibe.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. vertafore

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

strong ties within the employees

Cons

it is a midsize company

I've been with Vertafore for many years and it has my vote as a great place to work!

Current Employee - Product Analyst in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

What I love about the company is the people, the progress, and the potential for the future.

All companies have issues, Vertafore included. It's the people that make the difference and Vertafore has amazingly talented teams. We work well together and across departmental and site lines.

Fun! I have been with several large corporations within the industry and nowhere else have I experienced the focus on fun that I have at Vertafore. And it's company wide. Team events, holiday contests & prizes, customer support week, monthly socials sponsored by the teams. If you enjoy the social side, it's the place for you.

Continuing education. Vertafore offers CISR classes, project management training, and a mini-MBA program, and leading tech industry speakers are brought in to share knowledge.

Cons

You'll have read other reviews that decry the difficulties around a company being built by acquisition. That is true, it was a slow road to progress in the past. That was somewhat painful, but it's become much better in the last two years.

Changes in leadership. We have undergone upper management changes in the last 3 years and that can be tough during transition phases. We have a new CEO and there may some additional change around that event, but I'm convinced that we have a pretty stellar leadership team with vision, energy, and an extremely positive attitude.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive changes going!