Vertafore

www.vertafore.com
  www.vertafore.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore

A great company, depending on what group you're in, with a changing feel.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Vacation/PTO time is generous. Big plus.
- Great location, close to 405, away from the typical tech city sprawl of Bellevue and Seattle, and nearby nature trails are beautiful and refreshing.
- Insurance is an ample, long term business
- Company uses a mix of newish technolgy, and is upgrading to newer tech.

Cons

- Offshoring is replacing almost everything. It's becoming depressing.
- Significant salary raises are very difficult to attain.
- Since the current push is to combine the company's large portfolio of products into a single, complicated product, jobs are being consolidated. In recent years, many offices have been shuttered. The HQ in Bothell is safe, but the strategy is to cut and reduce.
- Having to deal with old standards and old products which are very inflexible. It can be tedious to deal with.

Not so much advice, as a commentary. Management is a revolving door here. Direction changes a lot, and I feel it's largely disconnected from the actual work. Many times, I've thought, "Who knows what we'll do this year." I think they would benefit trimming upper management, as there are way too many "VP" titles.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Vertafore (View Most Recent)

Work, work and more work

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Bothell, WA

I worked at Vertafore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good environment and friendly people. Good office and building environment.

Cons

Piled on work then piled on more work. When people quit then they pile on more work. Instead of training me on technologies that I took over (from people quitting) they hired consultants to assist me with the technology (one I had prior experience with)

Cough up the bucks guys ! Pay people what they are worth and they might stick around.

Improving work environment and culture.

Current Employee - Conyers Employee in Conyers, GA
    Current Employee - Conyers Employee in Conyers, GA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In the last 6 months I've seena turn around here. I had left a very negative review earlier and am happy to report that many of the reasons I had concerns about, they are fixing or have already fixed. The company is reinvesting in places that it had wilt away and employees are no longer heading for the door. We are actually adding headcount in many departments and investing in the future of groups that were worried they were on the chopping block. Morale is up and the future looks good for the comapny as a whole. The company Sales has been at 147% of goal so one of our biggest problems right now is that we can't deploy our software fast enough to keep up with sales. It is a good problem to have.

Cons

There is still quite a bit of ambiguity on how to deal with our carrier market, which are some of our largest custoemrs. The company seemed to have felt that we were already strong there so we'd just ignore them for a few year and focus our attention on the smaller shops. This left products that cater to our bigger clients with uncertain futures. The new leadership seems to recognize that "not having a strategy for carriers" isnt going to cut it and they are workign to remedy that. We just don't know what that will look like since we haven't had any updates. I am cautiously optimistic. The old leadership seemed focused on one or two elements of the company where our new leadership seems to grasp that we have clients at all levels of the industy and their money counts to our bottom line as well. They are looking at as more like a large company with multiple revenuie streams instead of a couple of profit centers and "everything else".

Deliver on your promises. I think that our new leaders have stated where they think our future is headed. Just deliver on your promises and continue to deliver on our future.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore