Vertical Search Works

www.verticalsearchworks.com
  www.verticalsearchworks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vertical Search Works

Great learning experience, great company

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Vertical Search Works full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training, teamwork, fundamental development, fun company culture, reasonable company

Cons

Pressure to perform and produce, which is really not that much of a difference from any other company that you could work for. Here you will learn that if you want the big bucks, you have to produce big results.

they have recently been more direct and explicit with what the indicators of success are, and they are working more closely with the newer executives and getting to no them as individuals while acknowledging their strengths and working on each executives week points... great place to work

31 Other Employee Reviews for Vertical Search Works (View Most Recent)

Growth & Opportunity

Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Vertical Search Works full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-start up company with room to grow
    -great training program
    -managements willingness to help in any way possible
    -great benefits packages

Cons

-small office for 100+ employees w/ another 150 being hired within the next 3 months
    -neighborhood

At this day and age when companies are downsizing and laying off employees, it is very refreshing and exciting to see a company on the rise. The constant growth of the company and the ability to grow, and move up within the company is truly rare.

Start up Organization with great technology operates with a Boiler Room Mentality

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Vertical Search Works

Pros

I can't really recommend working at this company. If you are someone who thrives in a Cold Calling environment and enjoys that kind of selling, you can be successful here.

Cons

Boiler room mentality and a very high call rate requirement does not allow for fostering client relationships.

Commission payouts were relatively low and with changes that were made before leaving the actual payouts were improbable unless the clients were managed successfully. This was not possible based on the infrastructure in place and the amount of people managing the client relationship.

High pressure to make appointments and make sales did little to influence success. The high call requirement to me seemed quite impossible to me to meet and employees increased call volume by redialing clients on a daily basis 5-6 times. To me these were worthless calls.

Terrible leads and reprocessed leads from other clients. I was cursed out by clients because they had gotten 8-10 calls preciously. It was like being in a B version of Glen Garry Glenross.

While it is important to bring in a Volume of clients, I think it is more important to set realistic goals for the sales reps and be more selective in choosing people to actively manage accounts. If you are going to get clients to agree to entering into an agreement, you need to have just as many client managers to manage the process.

Be more honest with the pre-hires in expectations and job description. The Job is pure cold-calling on the phone all day and not everyone is capable. Be realistic as well with the quality of leads.

My opinion is that there needs to be an infrastructure overhaul so that you can have much better clients coming in along with a much better ability to keep and grow clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertical Search Works