There are newer employer reviews for VerticalResponse

My favorite job and favorite employer. Ever.

I have been working at VerticalResponse full-time

Pros

#1 reason to work at VerticalResponse: the culture. VR has a ridiculous knack for hiring hard-working, smart, interesting, friendly people, and as an organization it goes out of its way to foster a cooperative and fun atmosphere. People at VR are generally friends, and we actually spend time together socially outside of work. A lot. Also, VR has a solid record of encouraging its employees to develop their careers, and as a result a fairly high number of employees are promoted to new positions and departments. I think that's also a reflection of a general openness to change; I've seen entire departments restructured when needed (with good results), and a pro-active dialog between the senior management and the entire company to find possibilities for improvement.

Cons

Like any company, VR has its share of headaches. However, the senior management has also been able to take constructive criticism from the employees and make some fairly significant changes to improve things for everyone. The bottom line is that I've seen a lot of positive and negative aspects in my time at VR, but I still look forward to coming to work every day.

Advice to Management

Keep your open-door policy, and keep encouraging direct feedback from everyone.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Couldn't ask for more.

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at VerticalResponse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A VP of Eng that _makes sense_ profitable business model (hey if you want to hunt for a job every 24 months when VC money runs out be my guest!) Department heads that listen to suggestions and either act on them or tell you why they were ruled out The company really does set you up to be successful, I have never seen a company for real promote from within like VR. They will ink that deal people! Good office location, good food, jovial enviornment, quarterly chair massages, the list really does go on The company is very nice to non-profits, in turn they help good causes to get their message out and take action! You will be busy, if you do well with loads going on, this is a good place for you! The company is also very charitable and will match employee donations.

Cons

The space is competitive, so expect to hear news about the other guy in your space every now and again There's loads going on, if you need to chillax at your desk for a good chunk of time each day... rethink it.

Advice to Management

I have rarely said this... our management is great!

2. Good company for gaining broad experience

I have been working at VerticalResponse full-time

Pros

VerticalResponse is a small company, but one that is beyond the startup phase. If you are looking for a great place to learn and grow this is it. There are many opportunities to try new things and gain valuable experience. Also, great coworkers!

Cons

Getting to the city can be a pain, although the location is awesome once you get here.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with the staff. There is a great vision at the executive level and that needs to be consistently and clearly communicated to everyone in the organization.