There are newer employer reviews for Vertis Communications

Was a great idea with very poor execution. Now it's all over..

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Vice President in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Vertis Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Offerings were some of the best in the industry. Dedicated staff in the plants and out in the field. Sales staff that truly cared about their customers.

Cons

Company couldn't get out of its own way. Little to no latitude from investors (PE firms) to invest in integrating the company in order to offer a solid solution to the client. Many CEO changes due to frequent change in equity investors resulting in constant change in direction each time momentum started to build in the right direction. Too much infighting in the executive wing at the corporate office with a CEO who is incapable of making a decision. Remaining top level executives are there due to politicking and back stabbing others. Those who cared about the organization and the employees left or were forced out. Company fails to meet commitments to those that dedicated their lives to the job for many years often working 24/7 spending time away from their families.

The only advice to the executive team is to pray that karma doesn't come around. Terminating employees the week before filing bankruptcy knowing you'd be filing a motion to exclude pre-petition severance, filing those motions and not providing any notice to those expecting a check, affecting retiree pensions due to your greed and careless spending, and then subsequently playing the victim of the courts to your employees allowing them to believe this was out of your control will certainly come to haunt you in some way.

Advice to Quad: Start over with leadership for the most part. You do not need the Vertis executive team to integrate the companies except in the case of technology. They are not respected and will do more harm than good. There is only one member left of the executive team I'd ever work for or hire and not surprisingly he's not in the corporate office in Baltimore. If you need good people to help integrate, look to those that have left over the recent years. Those are the ones that cared and just couldn't take it any longer.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Vertis Communications (View Most Recent)

No wonder they are being bought out

Current Employee - Mechanic  in  York, PA
    Current Employee - Mechanic in York, PA

I have been working at Vertis Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Seriously can't think of any. They were given about 7 years to prove themselves to the York Pa DM plant and they showed us nothing.

Cons

Management. Poor treatment of employees. Needless spending on things not needed(a tv for a break room that is only on the CNN channel? Really?) Taking of pay and benefits from the employees due to their poor management of the company(not because of the economy like they tell you) Do not let employees excel or move on to better themselves. The list just goes on and on....

York, Pa. DM management, say good bye to your job (you know who I'm talking about) Quad Graphics will not put up with you. Your done.

The Exton plant was a fantastic place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I worked at Vertis Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Exton, Pa plant was a fantastic place to work, we worked like a team/family and had many long-term employees

Cons

Our Corporate office ended up closing the plant due to losing our biggest customer, which, in our negotiations with this customer, our "corporate negotiators" really left a bad taste in the mouths of our long-term customer. Being owned by investors it seemed it was only a matter of time before we were sold or closed.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertis Communications

Worked for Vertis Communications? Contribute to the Community!