Vertis Communications

www.vertisinc.com

Was a great idea with very poor execution. Now it's all over..

Vice President (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsOfferings were some of the best in the industry. Dedicated staff in the plants and out in the field. Sales staff that truly cared about their customers.

ConsCompany couldn't get out of its own way. Little to no latitude from investors (PE firms) to invest in integrating the company in order to offer a solid solution to the client. Many CEO changes due to frequent change in equity investors resulting in constant change in direction each time momentum started to build in the right direction. Too much infighting in the executive wing at the corporate office with a CEO who is incapable of making a decision. Remaining top level executives are there due to politicking and back stabbing others. Those who cared about the organization and the employees left or were forced out. Company fails to meet commitments to those that dedicated their lives to the job for many years often working 24/7 spending time away from their families.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice to the executive team is to pray that karma doesn't come around. Terminating employees the week before filing bankruptcy knowing you'd be filing a motion to exclude pre-petition severance, filing those motions and not providing any notice to those expecting a check, affecting retiree pensions due to your greed and careless spending, and then subsequently playing the victim of the courts to your employees allowing them to believe this was out of your control will certainly come to haunt you in some way.

Advice to Quad: Start over with leadership for the most part. You do not need the Vertis executive team to integrate the companies except in the case of technology. They are not respected and will do more harm than good. There is only one member left of the executive team I'd ever work for or hire and not surprisingly he's not in the corporate office in Baltimore. If you need good people to help integrate, look to those that have left over the recent years. Those are the ones that cared and just couldn't take it any longer.

No wonder they are being bought out

Mechanic (Current Employee) York, PA

I have been working at Vertis Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Seriously can't think of any. They were given about 7 years to… Cons: Management. Poor treatment of employees. Needless spending on things not needed(a tv for a break room that is only on the CNN channel? Really?) Taking… Advice to Senior Management: York, Pa. DM management, say good bye to your job (you know who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The Exton plant was a fantastic place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Exton, PA

I worked at Vertis Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The Exton, Pa plant was a fantastic place to work,… Cons: Our Corporate office ended up closing the plant due to losing our biggest customer, which, in our negotiations with this customer, our "corporate negotiators" really… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Vertis Communications.

Worked for Vertis Communications? Contribute to the Community!