Vertis Communications

www.vertisinc.com
  www.vertisinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vertis Communications

Management not healthy

I have been working at Vertis Communications (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company seems to be fair in pay rates within the industry and also the benefits are good. I can't speak for all otf the company locations though.

Cons

The management seems to not be capalbe of running a big business. They are now going back to the courts for a final chapt 11 liquidation and sell off. this is after filing at least twice over the past eight years. For a company that is claiming to have over 2 billion in revenue this year this must show a poor leadership in the upper management.

There probably is none since with the selloff the upper management will change the same as the name. Just hope that the new owners are better at the business.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Vertis Communications (View Most Recent)

Thanks for nothing

I have been working at Vertis Communications (more than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers and some managers are great to work with and for.

Cons

Upper management drove us into the ground. They make bad acquisitions and as always, the workers paid for it. We gave up raises for over 3 years, salary reductions and benefit reductions. While all the time the people at the top received bonuses. We lose productive people to "lay offs" while each changing regime hired more top level managers who drove us into the ground faster.

Now after the all the meat is off of the bones, like jackals on a gnawing on a water buffalo carcass, they sell the company that I've worked at for years after filing a third Chapter 11.

Learn how to balance a checkbook before you try to manage a thriving business.

Waste of time and energy

I worked at Vertis Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can't think of any. I guess if you have been unemployed for a long time and need money.

Cons

The pay sucks, the benefits are garbage. They put on a good exterior that they care for their employees when in reality they don't. They praise the employees that know the system regardless of how horrible of a person or employee they are. HR isn't there for you and overall management doesn't care. The stress of working for people who lie and don't care about you isn't worth it.

Be honest, don't lie to HR to protect yourself it will get you farther in life and you will keep your employees. Advise to HR maybe you should try listening to the people who come to you for help.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertis Communications