There are newer employer reviews for Vertis Communications

Not the place to be if you wanted to be treated with respect

I have been working at Vertis Communications

Pros

There are some nice people to work with, and for the most part co-workers help out one another.

Cons

Upper management is too concern about metric, less about quality and customer care. Management does not care about their staff or how they are treated. Managers are disrespectful and treat staff as they are stupid. There is no training or advancement within this company. You will be stuck doing that same thing today as you did 5 years ago, if you were one of the lucky ones to have made it that long. Interaction between the divisions is taboo, even though they say we are all one team working together. Do not speak your mind, as you will not be heard and be look down upon for not seeing things in the "Vertis Way". HR is a joke were no one likes feel comfortable to talk to them regarding any issue because it never get addressed.

You need to take are real hard look at your managers are across all division. 360 Degrees Reviews would be a good start. Address staffing issue instead of just brushing things under the rug.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Vertis Communications (View Most Recent)

Disappointing

I worked at Vertis Communications

Pros

One learns how to navigate in turbulent waters.

Cons

Too many internal politics vs. concentrating on what serves customer best interest. Production driven, not sales driven organization.

Incompetent management driving this company to the depths of debt

I worked at Vertis Communications

Pros

One of the pros of this company is that it is an option for those with a printing background, which there are very few left today.

Cons

Senior management is extremely incompetent and out of touch. The new HR VP (in the past couple of years) has no clue about their workforce, doesn't even know many of the work force works shift work. The SR VP of manufacturing is extremely two-faced, touting the need to invest in the company for improvements while going a full 180 degree on that when the $ are shown to them. That SR VP is too busy trying to make themselves look good to get a CEO position then to try and save this company. Reminded me of a fraternity when I dealt with senior management. I worked for a VP of operations who could barely figure out how to log onto their computer, let alone try to lead an organization. They will use their top performers to make themselves look better, but when it's between them and you, you'll lose out every time.

Try to understand your workforce better. I understand the economy has hurt this company forcing shutdowns and layoffs. The way it's done, with many of the poor performers still left at the end leaves many of the employees disillusioned and distrusting of management.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertis Communications

Worked for Vertis Communications? Contribute to the Community!