A group of separate "shops" - in no way a cohesive company - lead by accountants recording history not making it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Vertis Communications

Pros

The quality of work they produce is outstanding. Creatively, they are as good as anyone. Their products are solid.

Cons

The company lacks any true direction or identity. They have no training for new employees because they do not have a clear definition of what they do, what they charge, or how they want to go to market. Upper management is complete disassociated from their field people, and the level of dissatisfaction among the employees is shocking.

Learn what services and products you offer (you clearly do not know). Then learn what supply and demand of these services and products is in the marketplace. You place emphasis on antiquated products and you fail to understand your competition and your place in the market.

Other Reviews for Vertis Communications

Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Vertis Communications

Pros

Met a few nice people. They did not cut wages and benefits until after I left in 2007. A place to work if your unemployment is about to run out.

Cons

I worked at Vertis HQ in Baltimore 2005-2007. Glad I left. Cannot believe all the cost cutting and wage reduction taking place. Vertis was sinking years ago, will not be with us much longer. They treated people like garbage. Public reprimands were the norm. Managers with all the manners of a shaved ape. Zero training of any kind, they cut that out years ago. Buy a book if you want to learn. Every time I look at the Vertis web site there is a new management team. New employees wait 90 days for benefits, what a joke. Management reneged on a telecommuting arrangement, so I had to shlump into downtown Baltimore each day. Do not work here unless you have low self esteem or are about to lose your house.

No reason to delay the inevatable, sell the company off in pieces and be done with it. Vertis is not long for this world. Pay attention to how poorly your managers are treating their employees.

Don't Work Here If You Can

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Vertis Communications

Pros

I got a decent pay in today's economy but I don't know how long it will last. The printing industry is dying.

Cons

Ineffectual upper management, unhealthy micro-managing style overall (data metrics), rigid inflexible work/ life balance. lack of trust of employees

Want to save money? Get rid of the excess overpaid management you have in place. Too many chiefs not enough Indians

There are newer employer reviews for Vertis Communications.

Worked for Vertis Communications? Contribute to the Community!