Vertis Communications

2000 to 2006 great place to work... 2006 to 2008 very stressful

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Vertis Communications

Pros

From 2000 to 2006 the company was led by senior management who embraced process improvement and out of the box thinking. It was a great job with plenty of great projects that helped streamline quality enhancements and process improvements.

Cons

Once the CFO took control in 2006, senior management focused on cost cutting so much that it put employees in danger of failing. They also pushed away senior sales people, and customers with outrageous policy decisions.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Vertis Communications (View Most Recent)

A group of separate "shops" - in no way a cohesive company - lead by accountants recording history not making it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Vertis Communications

Pros

The quality of work they produce is outstanding. Creatively, they are as good as anyone. Their products are solid.

Cons

The company lacks any true direction or identity. They have no training for new employees because they do not have a clear definition of what they do, what they charge, or how they want to go to market. Upper management is complete disassociated from their field people, and the level of dissatisfaction among the employees is shocking.

Learn what services and products you offer (you clearly do not know). Then learn what supply and demand of these services and products is in the marketplace. You place emphasis on antiquated products and you fail to understand your competition and your place in the market.

Worst Job Ever

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Vertis Communications

Pros

Met a few nice people. They did not cut wages and benefits until after I left in 2007. A place to work if your unemployment is about to run out.

Cons

I worked at Vertis HQ in Baltimore 2005-2007. Glad I left. Cannot believe all the cost cutting and wage reduction taking place. Vertis was sinking years ago, will not be with us much longer. They treated people like garbage. Public reprimands were the norm. Managers with all the manners of a shaved ape. Zero training of any kind, they cut that out years ago. Buy a book if you want to learn. Every time I look at the Vertis web site there is a new management team. New employees wait 90 days for benefits, what a joke. Management reneged on a telecommuting arrangement, so I had to shlump into downtown Baltimore each day. Do not work here unless you have low self esteem or are about to lose your house.

No reason to delay the inevatable, sell the company off in pieces and be done with it. Vertis is not long for this world. Pay attention to how poorly your managers are treating their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertis Communications