There are newer employer reviews for Vesta Partners

No regrets. Lots of travel which can be challenging, leadership concerned about their people

I have been working at Vesta Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Others in company willing to share knowledge. Great people in consulting and management ranks. Great reputation in the industry. Growing company with opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Constant travel is a challenge, as with any consulting job. Try and keep it to Mon-Thur, which helps, but week in, week out travel can be tough on a family, particularly with younger children.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on excellance of delivery to our customers while maintaining a balanace with concern for our employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. SAP Consultant

I have been working at Vesta Partners full-time

Pros

Great people, Very clear vision on how to achieve short-term and long-term success, Proven expertise in and relationship with SAP, Great depth of experience in Enterprise Asset Management, and very supportive of individual growth and development.

Cons

Occasional wrinkles with logistical processes

2. Great place to work and develop your knowledge in SAP and in industry.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Vesta Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting projects, many are full 'blueprint to go-live' plant maintenance and materials management projects. I've had the opportunity to work with a variety of industries and locations. Great group of consultants to work with who are very helpful in offering their knowledge and tips, helping you to expand your knowledge. Always available to respond to questions or help resolve problems. Management supports SAP certification and has developed a training program as well as methodologies for projects and SAP functionalities. Their training is SAP functionality based and not only in-house procedure training like a lot of companies. Most projects are Monday thru Thursday at client, working remotely on Friday. I have worked at PwC and IBM, and there is no comparison with Vesta management's interest in their consultant's career development and work/life balance. Work/life balance is not just a catch-phrase with Vesta management, but they support you with clients that have little regard for contractors or consultants. The company has been much more generous with bonuses and compensation than PwC or IBM ever was. Of the 5 companies I have worked for in my career (the other 4 were Fortune 500 companies) Vesta is by far the one I am happiest working for. They also support spousal travel for weeks when you stay at the client over the weekend. They don't require you to live in one of their core cities or areas where they have an office. A good company for experienced consultants, people coming out of industry with SAP knowledge and younger people just starting out in the consulting field.

Cons

The major difficulty is the pretty much constant travel Monday through Thursday, with occasional projects requiring a fly out Sunday night or fly back Friday morning. Air travel seems to have greatly degenerated over the past several years, and local projects are a rarity since I don't live near an industrial part of the country. Projects with extensive travel try to work in periodic work-remote weeks to alleviate travel stress. It's also hard to take 2 or 3 week vacations due to the uncertainty of project schedules, but is possible with enough notice. Since Vesta was a small company, they weren't able to negotiate a good plan with health care insurers, but recently their health care plan has greatly improved. I gave a relatively low rating to work/life balance since the travel involved with the SAP consulting field is tough on your home life, but in comparison to other SAP consulting firms, Vesta would rate very highly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.